The school i work in has just brought a program. The idea is.. you install it enable IIS and its all done through flash and perl. The pc you install it on becomes the server for this.

You're able to access it from other machines e.g http://PCNAME and it loads. Thing is, all the machines have a proxy set enabling users to access the internet. Theres no way to get outside the network without it. Its all goverened by embc that manage alot of schools in this area.

Students can't access the application with the proxy on. Now students can't change and shouldnt need to change the proxy settings everytime they want to access this application.

I thought prehaps mapping the dir on this server but it wont actually work thinking about it as its not using perl n so forth to run it. It has to be accessed through the web server.

I am new here, and they also have their own internal website.. i suggested putting it on their intranet which works behind the proxy. But the external company we use said it wont work. I dunt see why not but hey they said nope. They don't know how to go about it either though.

Any suggestions please?