Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Weird N70 & K++ to Orange

My gf got an N70 just under a week ago and has had nothing but problems with it since day 1.

The main problem that she had with it was the phone kept crashing frequently or rebooting randomly for no apparent reason, which I initially thought was down to buggy software. Seems odd that the software version is v2.0537.1.7 date stamped 18-09-05 considering the phone was brand new from Orange.

We agreed to take the phone to the local Nokia service centre on Saturday to get the software upgraded. However before having the opportunity to do that, the phone threw a proper wobbly. She received a text yesterday and when trying to open it, the phone couldn't be arsed with it and failed to open the message.

Tried switching it off and back on yet still couldn't open the message, so tried simply writing a message to the recipient and again fell flat on its arse. Adding more salt to the wounds it went and corrupted the official Nokia memory card that was in it

Piss annoying as it held quite a lot of photos from when she had her Nokia 6630 but were luckily backed up a month or so ago so not too many have gone a miss.

Called up Orange and they are sending out a replacement new N70 today on sameday delivery, woohoo!

Any idea why it shafted the memory card though and why it generally shafted itself peeps?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Weird N70 & K++ to Orange

i had a memory card corrupt in mine but that was down to me leaving it in the car all night a few weeks ago and it got really cold then i took it in the house to warm it up and it just went pop maybe a bit of condensation or something i thought

although both of mine are a little fragile and lag like hell sometimes when its running although ive not had either thats thrown a wobbler like yours

cas

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Weird N70 & K++ to Orange

i think the orange network fuck with all the 3g phones, the software they use has messed up my 6680.
    "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."........oh and no one told me that.