Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Sony Playstation 3 is far from complete

Big and still incomplete

THE NEWS ABOUT PS3s being scarce at E3 is kind of troubling to me, but not totally unexpected. We are about six months from launch, and debugging should be done, prototypes and dev kits should flow like water, and all the tame magazines should already have one. The situation is rather different though, they are nowhere, and there are two related reasons behind this.
    The first is size. People tell us that the current PS3s are about 50% too large to fit in the sleek but empty boxes they have been showing off. This is a problem, but a solvable one, electronics always get smaller. Time solves all, and there is still time, just not much.
    More troubling to me is that Sony is still bidding on components for the boxes. This means the development is far from final, and it will be debugging up to, and in a Microsoft overheating manner, past the last minute. Not a good sign.
    Overall, I think it will be out late in the year, but Sony will push the launch out as far as humanly possible. If you have one on your non-denominational year end holiday list, you may be waiting in XBox360esqe lines to get your toys. Basically, don't hold your breath waiting, you may be blue till next spring.
    http://theinquirer.net/?article=30931

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sony Playstation 3 is far from complete

doesn't sound good!! but to be fair im not that fussed! I'll happily wait until a good while after its been launched and there's plenty in supply, because the launch ones always have the most bugs, and they always cost the most too!! I'm holding out until most of the bugs are sorted (and possibly a price drop too), because from what i'v been hearing, they're not gonna have a great deal of time to debug the machine before launch!!