Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Best Supplements?

I am intreagued to see what you guys opinions are when it comes to supplementation.
    I have taken pure creatine monohydrate by CNP (the one with Dorian Yates picture on the tub) and reflex protein and have found good gains from these.
    I am just interested to see what other supplements people take and found best results with.

Hari

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Best Supplements?

Protein !
    Chemically enhanced

Thanks
    Karma Level

Check out, Reflex Nutrition range of supplements. Most retailers sell their range.

Reflex are one of the few UK ISO registered manufacturers. So your getting a good quality product at affordable prices.

www.reflex-nutrition.com

Thanks
    Karma Level

a friend of mine is currently taking cyclone and he has found he's had large gains, both strength and size
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Karma Level

Spanner, instead of spending loads of money on fancy reflex products get allinone stuff, same company, less hype, cheap products. All good.

www.sports-nutrition.net

or chck out other bulk suppliers:
    www.myprotein.co.uk
    www.wheyconsortium.co.uk
    www.bulkpowders.co.uk

all selling top class products for a fraction of the price.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Best supplement-Food!

Thanks
    Karma Level

@super mike

cheers for the tips. I have always paid £50 appr. for 5 kg.

MUG!!!!!!

I know where I'll be buying in the future.

Beefeater

Thanks
    Karma Level

I use Extreme Nutrition-Extreme Whey, Extreme Creatine, Extreme Glutamine and also Extreme Gabba until it became a banned substance....

Their Whey tastes quality and is V fast absorbing. The Creatine is PURE as. Their Glutamine is the danglies and their Gabba was awesome. I swear by their supplements. Tried and tested.

Go to the website for a wee look....

http://www.extremenutrition.co.uk/

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by super mike
    Spanner, instead of spending loads of money on fancy reflex products get allinone stuff, same company, less hype, cheap products. All good.

www.sports-nutrition.net

or chck out other bulk suppliers:
    www.myprotein.co.uk
    www.wheyconsortium.co.uk
    www.bulkpowders.co.uk

all selling top class products for a fraction of the price.
    Actually Mike, there is a difference, and it's not just the shiny stickers. I know someone, who knows someone who works for All-In-One and he uses the Reflex range instead. He says it's like buying Tesco Value bread instead of Kingsmill Baker's best. Hence why he doesn't even use it.

But it's up to the user. If they are on a tight budget and don't mind a lower quality tasting product with a couple g's less of protein, buy All-In-One.

Spanner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

bread is bread just as protein is protein. the quality is just the same and i cannot comment on taste as i use unflavoured. but some of the reflex flavoured samples i got tasted like pink piss. But i am interested in the difference, if your mate could tell you the difference could you pass it on? cheers

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner
    Actually Mike, there is a difference, and it's not just the shiny stickers. I know someone, who knows someone who works for All-In-One and he uses the Reflex range instead. He says it's like buying Tesco Value bread instead of Kingsmill Baker's best. Hence why he doesn't even use it.

But it's up to the user. If they are on a tight budget and don't mind a lower quality tasting product with a couple g's less of protein, buy All-In-One.

Spanner.
    No, Id go with Mike on this one m8 as I think the reason your m8 is more drawn towards the Reflex itself, it purely is for the taste difference...Thats the only thing you are paying for m8,their sweetners and added extra,labels etc they included as thats what bumps the price up...They selll it so cheap cause they buy it that way,untouched hence the reason unflavoured..I have spoke to the guy that co owns Wheyconsortium and he Gurantees me that they ALL use the same protein but flavour it their own way...So Id say its more to do with taste than anything else that he prefers the reflex over the unflavoured and he will get a bigger discount cause he works there too
    But wouldnt say that protein is protein etc as there are some pretty shity brands out there and are in noway comparison to the rest...You get what you pay for,simple...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by toto67
    But wouldnt say that protein is protein etc as there are some pretty shity brands out there and are in noway comparison to the rest...You get what you pay for,simple...
    Exactly mate.

On the Reflex point, he actually doesn't receive a discount cos they are tight apparently. Plus, I don't think he's lying as he seemed bitter about it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by maverick_15
    a friend of mine is currently taking cyclone and he has found he's had large gains, both strength and size
    Are you using any supplements maverick? I have seen you comment on the site and you seem to know what you are talking about. I used your advice on forearm exercises and I am seeing gains already. Are you a serious weightlifter? How often do you exercise in the gym?

Thanks
    Karma Level

i don't at the moment use supplements but am planning on using cyclone over the summer, am still at university and haven't as yet really considered that i've needed the extra gains they bring. i primarily work out for rugby and (when i don't have exams) i train 3 times a week in the gym and in season train rugby once, play rugby once, train american football once and play it once so i'm fairly active.

reason i want to use supplements over the summer is for gains i need to play the sports at higher levels, although i don't necessarily want to use them in order to remain competitive i think i'm going to have to. as for knowing the stuff i do, it's mainly because of reading up on exercises and then trying new exercises to see what works the most. that's one of the best things i always think for working out, try new exercises because some work better for one person than another.

incidentally, if you want to see people who know their stuff on here, keep an eye out for toto, guns, super mike and roachie among others.

mav
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Karma Level

Protein! It`s that simple, providing your diet is clean and training is regular, you can`t go wrong. Fish, Chicken and protein shakes is all i live on for a 4 week cut, oh and some EPH thrown in too
    Chemically enhanced

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cyclone for me too chaps, Protein and creatine in one tub Get it for £30 a tub and take two scoops a day , Also plenty of good food, Chicken , eggs , tuna etc.

I believe supplements do help but you need a good routine and a diet to match or else your throwing your money away

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers mav. I think I am going to give cyclone a go. Along with cyclone, what else do I need to eat in my diet to see big gains? Ideally I would like to put on 2 stone of lean muscle. Also have you got any good workout routines?
    Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Personally i think cyclone and all other maximuscle products are very over priced. Correct me if i am wrong but cyclone is a mix of protein and creatine(several different types?) and is £30 for what i am assuming is a 2lb or 5lb tub. this is overpriced even for the bigger better established more expensive companies so for once i am not bigging up the bulk suppliers although you could get a superb deal if you were to check them out and it would last probably over twice as long.

Maximuscle is a feeder of mainly the people who are new to sport, and as with any other protein/creatine/etc it will have an effect with decent diet and routine so people keep buying from this overpriced supplier of mediocre supplementation.
    Just my 2 cents.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wolverine, i said this on another thread but this is what you need.

I would say for a begginner you should read this (just the first post, not the whole thread) It is quite long but it is all useful information and it is a tried and tested routine that has proved itself for both begginners and the more experienced weight trainer.

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/Bodybuil.../m_2245/tm.htm

And in that it doesn't go into detail about diet but this is an example of a pretty much perfect lean bulking diet. Do not worry about the supplements yet just try and sort out the diet get that as clean and good as possible.

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-mass-gaining.asp

3 things that you must remember though:
    -It won't happen overnight
    -You should be prepared to put on a little fat.
    -Have fun

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine 1968
    Cheers mav. I think I am going to give cyclone a go. Along with cyclone, what else do I need to eat in my diet to see big gains? Ideally I would like to put on 2 stone of lean muscle. Also have you got any good workout routines?
    Thanks for the help.
    what's your height/ weight/ current level of activity? 2 stones is quite a lot so i'm assuming you're quite tall? muscle gain is low reps, high weights. muscle tone is high reps, low(er) weights. let us know that an then one or other of the members (probably dependant who sees it first lol) will be able to give you more of an idea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast