Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Serious Welcome to Britain

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=454 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 15px" vAlign=top align=middle>Welcome to Britain

<!-- end headline or Pic Headline --></TD></TR><TR><TD height=20></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=300 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=300></TD></TR><TR><TD height=5></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=300>Safe cycling ... Afghanistan '76
    </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=300></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=200 align=right border=0><!-- full news index links LA --><TBODY><TR><TD width=16></TD><TD align=middle></STYLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=bgheader vAlign=center colSpan=3 height=17> FULL NEWS INDEX</TD></TR><TR><TD width=1 bgColor=#000000></TD><TD></TD><TD width=1 bgColor=#000000></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#000000 colSpan=3></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR><!-- end full news index links --><!-- readers comments and have your say --><!-- end readers comments and have your say --><!-- Espotting Ad Added NG 31/11/04 --><!-- End Espotting Ad --></TBODY></TABLE>By JAMIE PYATT

EPIC cyclist Heinz Stucke spent 44 years riding through every country on earth — then had his bike STOLEN just four hours after arriving in Britain.

Heinz, 66, pedalled 335,500 miles across 211 countries and territories.

But mean thieves nicked his trusty bone-shaker as he slept in his tent in Portsmouth, Hampshire.

The Sun issued posters offering £500 for the bike’s return.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>Hope ... Heinz with poster
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And last night Heinz was delighted when he was reunited with his bike, which was found by police abandoned in a local park.

He said: “All I can say is I’m quite happy at hearing this news.”

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>Loco in Acapulco ... Mexico '68

Earlier German Heinz said: “I’m so upset. That bike is very special to me but I can’t believe anyone would steal it. It’s just an old clonker.

“I’ve been through countries where people are so poor they have no food. I’ve been shot at but the bike was always safe.”

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>Trundle in the jungle ... Zaire '79

Heinz, pictured here on his travels, has been on the road since 1962 and holds the record for most countries visited by bike.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>Rainforest ride ... Brazil '85

He had just arrived in Portsmouth from Le Havre in France when thieves struck.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>Mountain retreat ... Tibet '90

His distinctive bike is black with a wooden board built into the frame.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>Far flung visit ... China '92

It also has two handlebars, allowing Heinz to adjust his riding position.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006210379,00.html
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Welcome to Britain

Priceless. Pikey probably realised he couldn't get a bag for it and dumped it.