Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Rossi stays on bikes

Great news for Moto GP!

As reported on BBC sport web site-

MotoGP legend Valentino Rossi says he will not be joining Ferrari to race in Formula One for the foreseeable future.
    The five-time world champion had been linked with a switch to Ferrari after testing with the Italian team with some success over the past 12 months.
    But he said: "I will continue, at least for some time more, to race motorbikes.
    "Testing with Ferrari was a fantastic experience - but I think that my work on the motorbike is not finished. I'm still very motivated."
    The 27-year-old Rossi is having a hard time this season, lying eighth in the MotoGP standings after five races, and his contract with Yamaha runs out at the end of this season.

I think he's done the right thing staying at what he's good at - if he finished 10th or 12th in every F1 race what does that do to his reputation?
    Jenson Button
    The Italian's decision to stay put saddened Ferrari driver Michael Schumacher, who also said it was "understandble because he knows what he has in his world".
    "It is maybe a little bit more difficult to know the world of Formula One and how you would adapt to different circumstances," added the German.
    "I think he has a lot of talent in terms of driving but it is not only in terms of driving. It is sad but that's the way it is."
    World champion Fernando Alonso added: "Good, so we don't talk any more about him. After four months maybe this is the last question [about Rossi]."
    Jenson Button was less hostile but still said Rossi's decision to stay on two-wheels was in the best interests of Formula One and MotoGP.
    He said: "In testing he went reasonably well but he had a lot of miles in the car. If another driver got in the car and didn't go quick on day one or day two no-one would be interested. It's because of his status. "I think he's done the right thing staying at what he's good at. "If he finished 10th or 12th in every race what does that do to his reputation? I don't think it's good for either sport."

Story from BBC SPORT:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/spo...es/5012822.stm

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Rossi stays on bikes

Nice one Valentino is still only young yet and should win the Moto gp crowna few times yet. Would be nice to see if he could have a competative drive in an F1 car and how he would compare to the car drivers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

noooo, I would have loved to see him in F1
    [CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Real pirates don't [I]STEAL[/I], they [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]SHARE[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/B][SIZE=1]Unless they are cunts, then they just leech...:happy:[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah, would have been good to see him in F1, and he would have created a good bit of intrest, but bikes is deffo where he belongs.
    Would have been nice to see him battling with Alonso after his dismissive coments!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

he didnt go to f1 because he is not gay......................

Thanks
    Karma Level

great contribution to the thread
    [CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Real pirates don't [I]STEAL[/I], they [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]SHARE[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/B][SIZE=1]Unless they are cunts, then they just leech...:happy:[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wasnt he only 1.5 seconds slower than schuey on the ferrari track tho.......
    hes still young enough to do both imo a couple more years on Moto GP then move to F1

Thanks
    Karma Level

glad to see hes staying on two wheels

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CJCROCKO
    Wasnt he only 1.5 seconds slower than schuey on the ferrari track tho.......
    hes still young enough to do both imo a couple more years on Moto GP then move to F1
    f1 is shite
    rossi likes to race so why would he go to the robotic fi circus ?
    if he wants to drive in that fashion he may as well get a towbar and go caravaning on a weekend
    Last edited by wiggi28; 13th June 2006 at 12:43 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

He belongs on bikes! F1 is BORING!!

Glad he's staying!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

as i said he didnt go because he is not a gay robot who likes circus's, and dickhead engineers who tell you what to do all race through your head set like valentino there is a stone on the track round the corner be carefull not to run over it, and at the slightest sniff of danger they dont race, (like a popped tyre) remember that one. like barrachello's contract he could not overtake schumaccer unless told to do so, not to mention the tracks you cant overtake on, LOL, everybody said valentino had the best bike (the honda) so he changed to a shit bike and won the championship with very little testing, F1 is shite FACT, boring FACT, and like i said they are all gay.