Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default A Rant at Big Sam...

Bolton manager Sam Allardyce is standing on his soap box having a rant again - this time, not about how he is not getting enough recognition because he isn't a foreign manager, but because he wasn't appointed for the role of England manager.

And he blames Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein for it.
    That's right - big Sam blames David Dein. Again.

Putting a brain in this man's head might do wonders - how I feel for Bolton fans every time the walrus-one opens his trap and spews absolute unintelligible nonsense. The man makes Kevin Keegan sound like a seasoned politician!

If you have no idea what I am on about, big Sam said that he was interviewed for the England job and amongst the six-man panel conducting the interview was one David Dein from Arsenal. And because of Dein's influence within the FA and his role as vice-chairman of Arsenal, the English FA didn't get the man they wanted for the England job – Arsène Wenger [cue hysterical laughter].

Allardyce said: "I don't know how much power David Dein has but he obviously has a great influence within the FA and on what they do.
    "One minute he had nothing to do with it and then he was sitting on the top table interviewing candidates for the England job. You would have to ask them how that came about.

"We do know one thing; he wouldn't want the rest of the committee to go for Arsène Wenger so I am sure he would have batted that back with as much vigour as possible."

So, Steve McLaren was appointed England manager and it was David Dein's fault.

It doesn't stop there - big Sam is claiming that David Dein would have done everything in his power to stop the Football Association from hiring Arsène Wenger - one of the greatest managers in club football.

I'm sorry - but pause and think for a bit. Let's be honest here - is the England managerial position really that prestigious? Really that coveted?
    For all their history, England have only won the World Cup ONCE. Even Germany have won it more times and I don't see a flying circus
    surrounding the German FA. All the top managers the English FA have approached have turned the job down.

Going by that, would Arsène Wenger want to manage England? A man who values his private life and has everything he could ever want in club football. In fact, let's not be rhetorical here. Let's be realistic.

Arsène Wenger was approached for the England job. Arsène Wenger agreed to being interviewed for the position. Allegedly, Arsène Wenger attended an interview for the England job. And Arsène Wenger TURNED DOWN the England job TWO MINUTES into the interview, if not less.

That's right Sam. For all of David Dein's influence within the FA to keep his club manager wrapped in cotton wool, the man the FA coveted themselves TURNED THE JOB DOWN. In an interview!

And I'm not referring to Felipe Scolari. Or did we forget about that one as well? You have, haven't you?

Now i'm glad that England didn't go with big Sam. Can you imaging the shenanigans and complete crap he would be spouting about how great he is as England manager, about how much he deserved the job, about how it should always be an Englishman that manages England.

Sam – the FA did appoint an Englishman. The FA did go for someone who deserved it. And you are not a great manager, whatever you decide to call yourself [Sam Allardyce once famously said that he would get more recognition as a club manager if he had a foreign-sounding name].
    Steve McLaren has been with the England set-up for some time now, and is familiar with the coaching and playing staff. They are familiar with him. He's guided an under-achieving Middlesbrough side to the UEFA Cup final. In a time of transition for England, McLaren was the smart choice, the obvious choice, the logical choice. And in the words of Brian Barwick – the first choice.

Sam, stop blaming Arsenal and David Dein for your inadequacies. Accept that the English FA didn't think you were good enough to be England manager.

You're embarrassing everyone within that organisation and credit to them, they're trying to get things back on track. You're embarrassing yourself and your club above all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: A Rant at Big Sam...

I dont think anyone was ever gonna just come along and jump the queue ahead of McClaren it would not be right for him to be number 2 for so long and then get gazumped would it?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thats a very unbiased article.

Think he is a bit of a twat tbh.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wenger is a punk.
    We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

He manages a twat club. What do you expect?