Close

Thread: Ear Protection

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Ear Protection

Hi guys

Not sure this is the best place for this but... I need to get some decent ear plugs for work. My m8 recommended this manufacturer http://www.ultimateear.com/products_motorbike.html (he uses them for his bike), but they dont publish any SNR protection levels. The ones I am using at the minute are these ones (top ones on this page http://www.safetysupplies.co.uk/trolleyed/4/index.htm) and they give an SNR of 35.

Does anyone have any thoughts on other type of plugs or have any info on the Ultimate Ear ones?

Cheers for any info

BP
    How about a positive LSD story? Would you like to see a positive LSD story on the news to hear what's it all about, perhaps? Wouldn't that be interesting just once?

"Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves... Here's Tom with the weather".

Bill Hicks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ear Protection

Do they have to be plug type or can they be "ear-muff" type?
    You can get them (plugs) specially moulded to your ear shape etc, however expect to pay several hundred pounds for a pair of high quality electrical ones...

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ear Protection

Either or m8, currently as I say I've been using the laser lite ones, occassionally I also wear a set of external muffs (Bilsom Viking) as well with an SNR of 30. But I'm not sure if the protection is cumulative ie if I wear the laserlites (35) and the Vikings (30) do they add up to give 65? I know that Db's are logarithmic so it probably wont be 65 but do they add up??

The cost of the active ones isn't an issue as work will pay for them, but I need to know that they will give better protection (and with an SNR number to quote to work to justify them!)

Cheers

BP
    How about a positive LSD story? Would you like to see a positive LSD story on the news to hear what's it all about, perhaps? Wouldn't that be interesting just once?

"Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves... Here's Tom with the weather".

Bill Hicks