Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Halifax phone operators

Well, I know we have a whine cellar but theres no such thing as non-whine cellar. having just missed the bank closing time (thats a whine, early closing and shite public transport) and needing to transfer some money from account to account i phoned up halifax to do it. i had to set up my account to use telephone banking but there was no problem. transferred between about 3 or 4 operators, had in total about 20 seconds on hold but the best part was each operator appeared to have my details brought up on screen so i didnt have to keep reading out sort codes and account numbers. very impressed all round an have to say makes a very pleasant change from the stupid cunts you normally get on the other end of helplines.

p.s. before anyone says i shouldve done it online i forgot my password or security code because im a dozy bastard and cant be arsed to sort it out so cant access it that way now.
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Halifax phone operators

I find banks are usually good at this as they know you can easily change when you want. I remember when i was with Natwest, I went overdrawn a stupidly small amount and was charged their fee (unknowingly) so I paid in what i was overdrawn and after their fee i was overdrawn again so obv I incurred another. After a call of no longer than 15 mins the kind peeps set up a refund after hearing the situation (was paypals fault for not taking it out the account immediately).

So another thumbs up to banking operators