Close

Thread: SLR Hut

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info SLR Hut

Hi Guys,

Looking to buy another SLR for summer and I've narrowed it down to the Nikon D7000 or a Canon 70D. Has anyone bought from SLRhut.co.uk before as they have some pretty keen prices but I know they are based outside uk. Just wondering if anyone has bought from them and had any problems.

Looked through their trust pilot reviews and they don't look to be the worst but you never can tell.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: SLR Hut

How much do you save with them? Canon are doing £100 cashback on the 70D until August ..
    I actually got mine from Currys as they also gave me a two year warranty, another spare battery and a Jobie shoulder sling strap..

I reckoned that to be good value and no fear of it being a grey import

I see they do body only for £599 so you would save but I still preferred a local retailer plus the other goodies..

supe
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2920820230.png

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by supraman54 View Post
    How much do you save with them? Canon are doing £100 cashback on the 70D until August ..
    I actually got mine from Currys as they also gave me a two year warranty, another spare battery and a Jobie shoulder sling strap..

I reckoned that to be good value and no fear of it being a grey import

I see they do body only for £599 so you would save but I still preferred a local retailer plus the other goodies..

supe
    Couldn't see it on the website for that price, cheapest I can get it on currys is £858 that's the body only. Slr hut do it for body only at £599 but i'd prefer to buy from uk so will just put the extra to it

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

You get two years warranty and the other extras I mentioned plus a hundred cashback so it's not that different..

supe
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2920820230.png

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you don't already have lenses, then I'd say give a mirrorless system some serious consideration, the Sony or Fuji ones for example.

If you are set on a DSLR, go for a Nikon unless you have a circle of friends that shoot Canon.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    If you don't already have lenses, then I'd say give a mirrorless system some serious consideration, the Sony or Fuji ones for example.

If you are set on a DSLR, go for a Nikon unless you have a circle of friends that shoot Canon.
    I've always had Canon mate, i did have a look at the Sony 6000 but tempted by the 5000 for the price. The Fuji Z-A1 is getting some good reviews too, they also have a promotion on just now for a free XC50-230mm lens so i'll have to weigh both up and see what they are like.

Any experience with the Samsung NX300, looks a nice system but unsure of the quality, i must admit i like the idea of being able to grab the pics straight from it onto my S5 for sharing.
    Last edited by Armoured Hawk; 8th July 2014 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've now used SLR Hut for the second time for another Canon 6D (WG) and a EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens. Got them for £1299 + £29.95 Express delivery. No one in the UK could come anywhere close to that price. Very happy with them, no problems with vat, import duties or delivery. My only very small gripe is that when you place your order on the website, you need to untick the extra warranty options and other stuff they try to up sell to you. You will also get a call after ordering trying to up sell. They offered me 3 years warranty for $99, I'm not sure if that was a great deal so I refused.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MHP View Post
    I've now used SLR Hut for the second time for another Canon 6D (WG) and a EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens. Got them for £1299 + £29.95 Express delivery. No one in the UK could come anywhere close to that price. Very happy with them, no problems with vat, import duties or delivery. My only very small gripe is that when you place your order on the website, you need to untick the extra warranty options and other stuff they try to up sell to you. You will also get a call after ordering trying to up sell. They offered me 3 years warranty for $99, I'm not sure if that was a great deal so I refused.
    I take it they are posting from the UK then if there's no import duties?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Plumped for a Samsung NX300 from currys £399 with Adobe Photoshop lightroom 4, i have an old digital point and shoot to trade in for the £100 cashback. Will keep a watch on SLR hut and pick up something bigger from them later in the year

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured Hawk View Post
    I take it they are posting from the UK then if there's no import duties?
    Nope, they post from the USA but they sort out all the import stuff. As it states on their website 'ALL duties, taxes and/or VAT is included'.

Social Networking Bookmarks