Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default a bit disappointed

I haven’t posted in or read these forums in quite a while but within a few minutes of being back and reading just one or two threads (mainly in the world news section) I have came to a few conclusions, namely.
    <O></O>
    Moderators have all came from the same group of friends i.e. you can only be a moderator if the other mods like you. This puts the forums at a disadvantage because all the “leaders” have the same mindset and when a moral decision has to be made instead of doing what is Wright they do what avoids conflict with friends. Moderators need to be self-moderated and accountable to forum members and when mods are in a big click it inevitably leads to single sided opinions and rules only being applied to certain topics. Perhaps when picking the next mod, go for someone with different opinions and mix things up a bit
    <O></O>
    I don’t want to seem like I am belittling the efforts put in by the mods as while it would seem I am contradicting myself saying it , DF is one of the most professional forums I have ever been a member of and used to spend a lot (the wife would say to much) of time here. One of my favourite mods back then was CJ, This guy (or hermaphrodite) has a fantastically inventive and brilliantly imaginative mind combined with a fierce intelligence but lets his anti bush, British tabloids ,war,etc opinions come before the good of the forums and stifles conversation.
    <O></O>
    For example http://www.digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=268611
    <O></O>
    Now if this was a post saying George Bush is an asshole it would have been accepted and the poster responsible would have been elevated to the status of god. This was a good news story and it most certainly was not a religious debate.
    A religious debate would be if he had asked if Allah had the power to control Alton towers or if god really existed but he didn’t, he linked to a story in Britons no1 NEWS paper which really should be treated as news and instead of putting forward a argument i.e. the sun is using this story to make a sensationalist headline that would prey on peoples insecurities just to sell more papers but instead the mods ganged up on a well liked and established member and banned him albeit for 7 days.
    <O></O>
    I now point to a thread in the news section where religion was brought into the debate in a very real way (see http://www.digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=267689 )
    <O></O>
    Some of cj’s rebuttals in this thread are far worse and closer to religious debate than anything in the ghettomoose thread
    I quote
    <O></O>
    That's right, they lived 5000 years ago in the garden of eden, where Eve was made from the rib of adam. Hmm, religion is about as close to psychosis as you can get without being sectioned. So it's little wonder you post the crap you do.”
    <O></O>
    The truth is, before christianity and islam came along and shaped the society we have today, with their perverse ethical and moral codes, we were much less bothered about sexual orientation.”<O></O>
    <O> </O>
    I have spoke long enough and hope that the mods will not just flame me for my opinion.<O></O>
    <O> </O>
    Keep up the good work and improve on the bad<O></O>
    <O> </O>
    Regards gallag

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: a bit disappointed

on a hiding to nothin mate

Thanks
    Karma Level

nice post a pleasant read..

now i know why i'm not admin

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I also thought it was a well written post. Except for the "pasted from hotmail" style of it
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, lets get a few things straight.

1) Anyone who thinks the mods are one big, back slapping group of friends is sadly very wrong.

2) Mod's have as much right to voice their opinions as any other member. But when someone voices an opinion or posts something that is against the rules the mods have a job to do.

3) My opinions on religion, cover all religion. I do not discriminate. Let me make it clear once again. I view all religious belief as mental illness.

But I don't think I've ever voluteered this opinion without it being in response to what someone else has posted, so if prompted I will give my opinion on all things religion. But I very rarely, if ever, post about religion just for the sake of it.

Whereas we know thats not been the case with others.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I always thought it was a pretty diverse set of mods on here, cat shaggers, pussy pumpers, dwarf and amputee fetishists and that is only two of them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bertroot
    I always thought it was a pretty diverse set of mods on here, cat shaggers, pussy pumpers, dwarf and amputee fetishists and that is only two of them.
    Buhahahahaha name and shame please

edit: forget the naming.. urbsy prefers anonimity

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie
    1) Anyone who thinks the mods are one big, back slapping group of friends is sadly very wrong.
    very true, marcode doesn't like any cunt lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

who gives a flying fuck who's a mod/smod etc if you use the forum
    responsibly you should never have a problem with them

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gallag
    linked to a story in Britons no1 NEWS paper which really should be treated as news and instead of putting forward a argument i.e. the sun is using this story to make a sensationalist headline that would prey on peoples insecurities just to sell more papers but instead the mods ganged up on a well liked and established member and banned him albeit for 7 days.[/
    I like the fact that you emphasized the word 'news' by capitalizing it so that idiots like me that think it's a daily version of heat magazine designed for men and printed on non-glossy paper don't get the wrong idea.

McDonalds are probably the highest selling food chain in this country if not the world, still, they're hardly a good 'restaurant' if you can call it that.
    Last edited by Mule; 6th July 2006 at 03:58 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

... and just to be a pinickity cunt...

"doing what is Wright they do what avoids conflict with friends" the word is right, not Wright.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Being able to spell is a good route to becoming a moderator

Innit matez !
    Losing Gracefully Since September 2010

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by cronus71
    I also thought it was a well written post. Except for the "pasted from hotmail" style of it
    Thank you cronus, I agree that the copy and paste look is a bit naff looking but I assure you that it is better going through word first to correct my many spelling mistakes lol
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
    Regards gallag

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie
    Well, lets get a few things straight.

2) Mod's have as much right to voice their opinions as any other member. But when someone voices an opinion or posts something that is against the rules the mods have a job to do.

3) My opinions on religion, cover all religion. I do not discriminate. Let me make it clear once again. I view all religious belief as mental illness.

But I don't think I've ever voluteered this opinion without it being in response to what someone else has posted, so if prompted I will give my opinion on all things religion. But I very rarely, if ever, post about religion just for the sake of it.

Whereas we know thats not been the case with others.
    Thanks for your reply cj, to review your points
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
    1) I provided some links that show you were both harsh and hypocritical in you’re decision to ban ghettomoose. The fact that a single mod has yet to come forward and say that you were perhaps a bit wrong supports my claim and I don’t think it can be debunked with a statement like “Anyone who thinks the mods are one big, back slapping group of friends is sadly very wrong.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    I don’t want to come across like a cunt cj but you were wrong in your judgement this time, I am not saying you do it all the time or the forum mods are all wrong but I do think it was unjust. Anyway i was just pointing something out and don’t really want to get into an argument about it and make myself anymore disliked.
    <o></o>
    2) Mod's have as much right to voice their opinions as any other member. But when someone voices an opinion or posts something that is against the rules the mods have a job to do.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    <o> </o>
    I agree
    <o></o>
    3) My opinions on religion, cover all religion. I do not discriminate. Let me make it clear once again. I view all religious belief as mental illness.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    To be honest I fully agree with your points on religion, I was just pointing out that while you bring religion into a conversation in the news section , you were quick to ban someone for posting a news topic for having a sub-context of religion which I thing could have been an interesting debate.
    <o></o>
    Regards gallag

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mule
    I like the fact that you emphasized the word 'news' by capitalizing it so that idiots like me that think it's a daily version of heat magazine designed for men and printed on non-glossy paper don't get the wrong idea.

McDonalds are probably the highest selling food chain in this country if not the world, still, they're hardly a good 'restaurant' if you can call it that.
    I am sorry if it seemed that I was belittling your intelligence by capitalising the word news, I only did this to emphasize my point that it was indeed news and worthy of being posted in the news section
    Although in farness to the mods, perhaps with there experience they could see that that particular news item could become too heated as it would be a touchy subject so I could be wrong as I do not understand what it takes to run a forum but I do think that if the post had to be removed the poster certainly didn’t.
    <o></o>
    Regards and apologies gallag

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Crags
    ... and just to be a pinickity cunt...

"doing what is Wright they do what avoids conflict with friends" the word is right, not Wright.

I could be a pernickety (not pinickity) cunt to but since I live in the proverbial glass house on this matter I shall not lob big fuck off stones
    Regards gallag
    Last edited by gallag; 6th July 2006 at 01:12 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

....... you were quick to ban someone for posting a news topic for having a sub-context of religion which I thing could have been an interesting debate.
    A sub-context? Are you fukin kidding me? The thread was about muslim groups hiring Alton Towers for the day, and as I recall Ghettomoose then begged the question. 'Would christian groups be allowed to do the same?'

So if religion was the sub-context, wtf was the main thrust of his post?

Get a grip.

Thanks
    Karma Level

For fucks sake can you unbind - </o> from your return key as it just makes every one of your posts seem ridiculous and hard to take seriously. If you are doing it intentionally I fucking give up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am sorry if it seemed that I was belittling your intelligence by capitalising the word news, I only did this to emphasize my point that it was indeed news and worthy of being posted in the news section
    Although in farness to the mods, perhaps with there experience they could see that that particular news item could become too heated as it would be a touchy subject so I could be wrong as I do not understand what it takes to run a forum but I do think that if the post had to be removed the poster certainly didn’t.
    <o></o>
    Regards and apologies gallag

I think you'll find that Mule was taking the piss, mainly because nothing in The Sun can really be called news, after all, they make up most of it so they can have more pictures of tits.
    Drinkin' beer in the hot sun
    I fought the law and I won
    I fought the law and I won

Thanks
    Karma Level

DF is one of the most professional forums gallag
    ]#

i rec thats because the right mods hav bin picked n they hav done there job well there is sum one online nearly 24/7 helpin out keepin pricks out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast