Close

Thread: T In The Park

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default T In The Park

wooooooooooooooot! Just got 4 tickets for T in the park (had to use 2 different cards on 2 different addresses).

So has anyone ever been to this even before? I've got camping tickets for the weekend next July. I heard from a lot of people that junkies and scary people with scars all over their faces go, is this correct?

And another thing, whats the drinking policy, are you allowed to take yer own bevvy or would you have to spend copious amounts on the organisers best pals' beer tents?

m33p m33p

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: T In The Park

take your own beer but dont take glass bottles is the usual rule, ive never been to t in the park but done glastonbury a few times.
    Wouldnt worry about junkies.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lucky git!! I think The Who are playing this year!!

Yeah don't worry abount the junkies, if they start to stare at you, just shout "Boo" in their face and give them a Zidane headbutt, thats gonna be the move of the summer!

Have a ripper mate, whats the full line up?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tam9
    I heard from a lot of people that junkies and scary people with scars all over their faces go, is this correct?
    Dont worry I am sure you will fit in fine mate!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was there over the weekend, it was one of the best so far. The line up was so good that I couldn't get to all the acts... Its quite a big site so getting from one end to another takes at least 20mins... Trying to avoid all the mad people probably adds another 15... lol!

I never camped, but a mate said that there was someone setting rockets off and set someones tent on fire, but that happens at all festivals?

You have to buy drinks tokens, and exchange them for booze at the bars. The bars are limited to only cider, lager(Tennants of course), wine. Pretty bad, definately bring your own booze. Unless you can get hospitality(full normal bar). I remember seeing places to decant your drinks into plastic bottles.

Also keep a hold of your ticket for the whole weekend. You need your camping pass and ticket to get in. There were many unhappy campers who thought the band was enough and were not allowed back in!
    Last edited by wacky1; 11th July 2006 at 11:46 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Eevery time i went to T in the park id get piss wet through so prefer the August festivals Reading/Leeds and V festival.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You can take all the drink into the campsite as you can carry, no glass tho. If you can sneak drink into the arena then well done, i did it this weekend past wearing a backpack under a baggy jacket.

This was my first year and if i manage to get tickets for this year then i am taking cooking gear, a wee gas stove (£10), frying pan(£3ish) heinz beans and bread (£1). Average meal at T in the Park (£5). I was having Paela, that was good. you can get a wide variety of food tho.

The toilets are stinking, bring baby wipes even tho they randomly hand out little packets if your lucky to find them.

I suggest a good practical joke to be a padlock on a tent with someone in it so they cant get out... Kick the tent and watch them try to fight their way out like someone trying to fight there way out of a wet paper bag.

Sunday night in the campsite is mayhem, everyone doesnt give a crap if they get thrown out, a deffinite visit should be made to the open top double decker where you will find a crowd going nuts, FYI, the only live music in the campsite.

Dont loose your ticket, it gets scanned at entrances/exits.

It was really good tho and the plus side is that even if you dont go then your garaunteed a 100% profit on the ticket if sold on.

Maybe see you there in '07

Thanks
    Karma Level

£500 on ebay tam

Thanks
    Karma Level

got me 2 weekend with camping.
    went 2 years ago and its a banging event,dont know what you mean by junkies and whats wrong with someone with a scar on there face??
    anyways great weekend you will have mate
    see you thre next year mate.
    also what me and me mates do is go up with a big van and couple o cars then park next to each other and camp in the car park and have crazy arse parties when the event closes.
    find that lots of peeps do that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Been many times before- also got tickets for next year.

You are very unlikely to see any trouble - everyones just up for a good time. There are a few neds (btw why oh fu**ing why do they always have socks pulled over the bottom of their track suits?)

Can take any non glass drinks into campsite but not into areana section (although the searches are lax at best )

Weather is usually good although saturday this year pissed down in the evening. Just meant pissing yourself laughing at the folk diving into muddy ground and one particular tit on his deckchair out cold in the pouring rain.

Also, plenty choice of bands/djs whatever floats your boat.

Have a good one.