Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Rant Anyone with a Fruitmachine problem/addiction??

Right im am absolute muppet!! I gave up about 2 years ago for about a year and never touched a machine cos i worked out i lost a lot, i mean a lot. In the last 5 months ive steadily been hitting my usual haunts and i started by watching a few mates i used to gamble with, play the machines. I started watching the £500 jackpot ones and seeing them lose £1000s and never gettting any back, thinking im never gonna go on those. Well i started playing the £25 jackpot ones and losing here and there but never too much and generally making it back the week after. Well one day i was £45 down and thought i would give the £500s a spin, well i managed to get my £45 back and make £15 and walk away. The last 5 times ive played them they have basically rescued me from being down to either even or a little up. As any gambler will tell you all they are looking for is to be even then go for a win.

Right this is where it gets interesting, tonight im playing my usual machine im £9 in and i get the cashpot upto £15 and the board is nice but then i hit a mystery, i can collect and be £6 up, you can guess what i did, gamble!! well to cut a long story short i managed to get the top feature after £50 in and i get back £56 so no better than i started!! Typical huh well this is where i got a bit cocky and put it all in the £500, well im playing it on £2 a spin and its eating my money and then out of nowhere it throws me a pot win of £288!! Result!! I play it down to £260 and collect. This is the best feeling as the guy next to me is doing his nuts in the £500 next to it. He leaves after losing about £80 so i think worth a punt im well up. £50 in i get one bonus feature and it goes for £12 im pissed so thats £50 gone and my mate tells me to leave but i get the blinkers on and say ill try another £20, that soon goes and i tried another £20 and another!! Before i know it ive only got £100 in coins in my bag. At this point I'm NOT thinking right im still up £46, im thinking SHIT im down £160, you can probably guess what happened next i went mental and ploughed it all in!! Nothing, no big wins nadda all crappy £10 wins and no real bonuses. I still had a bit of dough on me so i start piling that in. WANKER i know!! I piled another £60 in and only in the last £20 was it doing something so at this stage im actually down £120 of my own money and £234 of winnings. What a cunt im thinking but i still reach into my pocket and feed the machine another £20 but then the machine wakes up and starts giving some decent wins and i build the bank up and i finally get it to £190 and i play it down to £180 and walk. Now im up £40 which normally i would be chuffed about but the thing is i know i was LUCKY AS ANYTHING to get that £180 back and so if i hadnt got that back i would of spent the rest of the money in my pocket chasing it. I know i have a problem and i know what it is but i can't seem to shake it. It was really bad and really brought it home tonite how bad ive got as i was literally gonna go home with the £260 but something called greed stopped me and im really worried about what its doing to me. Ive seen this machine suck and suck like a vampire and yet i couldn't walk away. I knew that it would never pay me my money back as £380 is a massive win on this machine but i still ploughed on. I know its not really a problem compared to some people but for me i really dunno what to do as i have an addiction but i can't seem to be able to stop myself when im right in the thick of the gamble.

Please call me a cunt as i deserve it and will probably make me feel a bit better.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Anyone with a Fruitmachine problem/addiction??

Morning

Well 1st thing you have already done is realise there is a problem.

I must admit i'm probably down 100's of £ if not 1000's. I don't really play them that often now and like to think I know when to stop.

Occasionally usually drink fuelled you think ah its only a tenner and i got loads more in the bank etc but them tenner's add up

I only really play the £25 jackpot ones (25/30p) and I know when your around the £10 mark you think this fooker is playing and I'm going to clear it out, then you get a question mark, you don't wanna leave the board but you don't wanna lose ya £10 you get the right result and you think defo my night you get it the late 10's £17/18 and then a straight game over and you like why didn't I just take the tenner. The feeling that goes through your body is gutting the only way you know to take that feeling away is to lash in "just 1 more pound" its playing this time but its not they program them to make you think that your big win is on the next spin, very rarely is though.

I bought one of these to try and stop me spending the £ coins

http://www.giftology.co.uk/acatalog/...tra_Large.html

It works coz out of all the change of notes etc put your coins in one pocket and don't touch them, think if I put these in the fruit machine I won't fill the tin up as fast. its a great feeling when after the night out you can lash £15 in pound coins in ya tin and feel it getting heavy its an even better feeling when you fill it and open it and pull out £620 (Coz I put the £2 coins in to) and you think fook me that would of all gone in fruities.

Its worth a try... good luck with it m8

AJ
    "The cream has floated to the top" - Midnight_Toker on his work fantasy football team's recent form 08.11.06

Thanks
    Karma Level

if you wish to play fruities think professionally, play the machine and don't jump in blindly so often.

This is the problem I see here;

you played a machine and it paid out ( £288 ). Good on you, you won, didn't risk too much and you walked away from the machine. We all know machines are there to win, if they give a hand out of +50% of the total winninable amount the chances of it pumping out the same, or higher will be set in the margin of 0 - 5% untill it's recouperated at least 400-500% of it's total jackpot. Stasiticly it's impossible to say what thse figures are, as we all know the configs are different for each owner (the guy who always wins...)

OK, so you did well to get off, you saw someone pump money into a machine, they didn't win and left. This is primo time to cash it in and is the essance of Lesson One: Sharking Fruities.

Trouble is you should know the machines to recognise patterns. Don't pump money into the things to see where it's gonne take you. I know the larger fruities have less of a tendancy to run in patterns, but they do, they're machines and they're programmed.

If you want to win you need to know the machine. So get yourself on a fruity emulation site, download the machine (or any you can find & have access too), set it up as similar as you can to the machine and then cain it. Don't play how you'd always play, try new things, look for patterns and see what outcomes it gives. As they are in debug mode you can see the workings of the machine, it's payouts, percentages and whatnot, so you can begin to count the machine and begin to actually 'know' it's coming.

Trouble is, with all that effort you're better off finding a better thing to gamble on. Fruit machines will always win for the house, staying on one means you'll generally lose, as they make a profit 100% of the time without fail.

Not sure if you have a problem, but I'd recommend spending your self onto other objectives. Ever thought about horses or football? a bet on 5 horses for £2 can bring in hundreds if sucessfully managed.
    I'm new to this :huh:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the great advice guys!! I really am better with the pound coin situation now, i used to carry a £50 float with me all the time! Loser i know. I always change up so im not tempted as that is my main problem i get bored be it playing pool or in the pub generally. The thing is that if i hadn't of won the £200 i would of thought wow im up £40, result!! Its just that with the £25 machines the most you will lose is £75 and that is if its on a bad suck, these £500s go on massive £1000s suck and i know this as ive witnessed it many a time. Take for instance this guy put in £1200 a guy went on after and put in £200 and then my mate went on a put £800 in!! He luckily walked with £400 as it was literally his last £5 and it spun in £385!! This is the thing these machines are supposedly random but i know they are NOT! So i thought i was diciplined and only play when someone has lost a bomb and generally it has worked for me and made me a few quid. This was the first time i was hooked on chasing my money as the other times ive always won money early on. Thats my problem im hooked in the £25 mentality when i say ive put in £80 its due a jackpot and generally it comes. This machine i thought wow ive put in £300 its due a decent win so the worst i do is knock back the machine, i know it was wrong and i got lucky but man i know now when i lose £50 just walk no point in chasing. I say that but i bet you will see me back saying OMG ive just lost £500!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

To be perfectly [brutally?] honest with you I'd say you don't sound very good at this game anyway and neither does anyone else (and we all know the reason for this).

There's a lush world out there, go and embrace some of it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

These arn't anything to do with skill its just a press of a button and seeing what it gives, its really all about timing!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jackdaniels
    These arn't anything to do with skill its just a press of a button and seeing what it gives, its really all about timing!!
    ok just talking about how to play a machine here, they follow patterns, they show signs of what they're gonne do. I guarentee it, I've known machines, Cash Lab / Pacman was one, same machine, different board. But essentially they did the same things, you had very clear patterns that were visible, it nearly said how much it'd have paid out on the last go just by seeing what it was doing for you.

They are not random, it's not in their interest to be, if they were, there is a chance they could lose, and in effect - be pointless for the owner. This is how they are programmed.

I know the low machines are more readable, and i've never spent much time (physically) on a expensive machine.

What I have done, a few years ago when I was more into it, was cain Emulators and my fav machine ROMs. The roms for the few machines I knew did the same as the real thing, afterall, the ROM is a dump, the emu is a emu, it's natural for them to be the same.

(Yes I do know that they use random algorithms to produce the outcomes, but this is also irrelavent as the machine has patterns to ensure it always wins...)

check them out and see for yourself;

http://www.fruit-emu.com/index.php

please don't think I have any other intentions of anything other than trying to wein you off machines, as I personally belive they are as evil as £5 scratchcards.

Thanks
    Karma Level

At £2 a spin it sounds like you are playing either a S21 machine or S16 machine. These are essentially totally random, but the odds are weighted in the favour of the operator. I have seen someone take out 2 x £500 jackpots within the space of an hour, and then come back the next morning, and win 2 more in quick sucession.

However, the standard 10/25/30p stake machines are programmed to take a percentage, so winning on these is unlikely. It's very easy to lose a £50 float very quickly.

Having said all that, count yourself lucky you got your money back. Not many do.

Thanks
    Karma Level

AS bingodave said i was on a s16 machine but i do know what you mean Shangrula as ive watched them loads of times and you can tell when it wants to pay and signs, basically lots of bonus features and they are going well like the one i was playing is called Elvis and it has 5 reels, if you get the standard 3 wheel bonus and it goes for say £50+ its playing well £12 and below get off it. If it does 4 wheels or 4 jukeboxes then that bigger cash. I was dumb as it was doing the £12 wheel and i was not going.