Close

Thread: electric bill

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default electric bill

Got a letter from my electric provider (british gas) on friday and they say my direct debit is now £88 a month.

I live in a 3 bed semi, me and g/f. I know i use slightly more than the average chap... 2 pc's always on, 2 notebooks that go into sleep mode, external lights on timers, pond stuff always on ... but fook.. £88 a month!!!

Whats everyone elses status and bill? ... I expect £88 quid for gas and electric.. I pay £50 a month for gas but have the stat set at 24.. all year round.. I know thats quite hot but we were skint growing up and I'll never be even chilly again

on this note as well ... I just found out S*y have been charging me £90 a month for the last 3 months cause my multi room box upstairs is not connected to a phoneline and it's the modem thats shagged... so need new muti room box ... £150 refurbed off them .. (sorted that out tonight)

I know it's half my fault for not opening bills and just payin them ... but fook ... I've been running round turning lights off all weekend.. I'm turnin into me dad...

I'm £125 in credit with electic people... £88 is more than my car insurance a month.. it's my second highest bill after my mortgage.. thats not right.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: electric bill

I found British gas to be tres expensive, I suggest you uswitch it.

Don't forget to turn off TV's etc rather than putting them on standby too, that wastes loads of electric, and I'd give up trying not to turn into your dad, it's inevitable.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzo
    Got a letter from my electric provider (british gas) on friday and they say my direct debit is now £88 a month.

I live in a 3 bed semi, me and g/f. I know i use slightly more than the average chap... 2 pc's always on, 2 notebooks that go into sleep mode, external lights on timers, pond stuff always on ... but fook.. £88 a month!!!

Whats everyone elses status and bill? ... I expect £88 quid for gas and electric.. I pay £50 a month for gas but have the stat set at 24.. all year round.. I know thats quite hot but we were skint growing up and I'll never be even chilly again

on this note as well ... I just found out S*y have been charging me £90 a month for the last 3 months cause my multi room box upstairs is not connected to a phoneline and it's the modem thats shagged... so need new muti room box ... £150 refurbed off them .. (sorted that out tonight)

I know it's half my fault for not opening bills and just payin them ... but fook ... I've been running round turning lights off all weekend.. I'm turnin into me dad...

I'm £125 in credit with electic people... £88 is more than my car insurance a month.. it's my second highest bill after my mortgage.. thats not right.
    thats the price of living in this country at the moment
    we all get stupid bills.
    i pay my council tax in one go, we get them in april'ish i got a final warning
    in june saying i had to pay the full amount cos i not paid nothing
    even though i had rang the council stating i wont be paying anything till
    july but when i pay i was going to pay the full amount for the year.
    strange you get 10 months to pay but they on your back 2 months after
    you get your bill (even though u ring them and tell them wots wot).

the tarts...lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

I hear you dudes but the revolution has started... it used to cost £7 a year to have a telly on standby... it's now £35.... AND i just found out you need planning permission for solar panels ....... but not a wind farm.... but for both to install and get payback you need about 10k spare (minimum) and the payback is over 20 years.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mule
    I found British gas to be tres expensive, I suggest you uswitch it.
    Advice is NOT to switch at the moment.

Yes BG are more expensive (cause they have just put prices up) however, it is believed that others will follow soon. Wait until all have raised prices then switch to cheapest.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtygirl
    Advice is NOT to switch at the moment.

Yes BG are more expensive (cause they have just put prices up) however, it is believed that others will follow soon. Wait until all have raised prices then switch to cheapest.
    The advice is not to switch at the moment if you have switched in the past. If you have never switched and are with BG then the advice is to switch.
    'If we aren't meant to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?'
    Anon.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just asked the Missus..... ( I just earn the damn stuff)

£45 per month for 3 bed semi with four pc's in the house one belonging to my 18 y.o daughter so is on unto early hours everyday. And 1 Amiga computer which is on about 18hrs a day (crunching DnetC)

I also hold a LAN meeting in my garage last Sunday of the month but give "Erindoors" a tenner to cover.

http://3cag.net/FreeCag.html

Missus & I agree.. Stay with BG coz others will definately put there rate up as well.

Thanks
    Karma Level

3 bedroom semi
    3 pcs always on (1 with crt 1 with lcd) (and 1 pc extra that gets brought over at the weekend always turned on)
    2 laptops sometimes on
    3-4 tvs that are on a helluva lot plus surroundsound decoder & 4 dvd players
    xbox left almost permanently on + ps2, gamecube, dreamcast etc sometimes on
    fridge in my room + the fridge freezer downstairs & microwave etc.
    we average about £ 60-70pm