Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Some XBOX games won't boot...

Hey, I've got a Toshiba/Samsung drive with the Xtreme 3.0 FW on it, today I decided to put in Half-Life 2, and it got to the loading screen (before the main menu), but after the loading bar gets to the end, I just get a black screen, and the 360 freezes, and I have to switch it off!

Tried Stubbs The Zombie, and that starts to play the background music for the main menu, but then I'm left with a black screen, and the music skipping while playing! And again, I cant do anything till I switch off the 360!

The only other XBOX game I have is DOOM 3, and that works flawlessly!!

Any ideas? The Half-Life 2 disc has some minor scratches (no more than the DOOM 3 disc), but the Stubbs disc has no scratches AT ALL!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Some XBOX games won't boot...

Tis indeed odd as both are listed as compatible with 360, however I have two friends who thought it may be fun to play Halo 2 on their 360s on-line.

However, one of their 360s won't load the Halo 2, the other one it works with it a treat! Both are on Premium boxes bought a launch and trying various original copies of Halo 2 has never made it work on that problem machine. Good old BlackCobra has now had to dig out his old Crystal XBOX to play it on.

I would suggest perhaps formatting your HDD and re-installing the latest version of the emulator and seeing what happens or perhaps the new update of the emulator is what has messed things up, get onto to the m$ support and give them hell!! Good luck!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Some XBOX games won't boot...

Right, well I went round to my m8s today and tested the games, Half-Life 2 did work, albeit it took ages to load, but Stubbs wouldn't even work on his XBOX (not 360), so it makes me think its the discs, but there's not a mark on the Stubbs disc, and it hasn't been left next to anythin magnetic that would f*ck it up!

Seems very strange! And I dont want to reformat my HD, have loads of stuff on there that I dont want to lose, esp if its just cos of these 2 games!

And I've just noticed something even stranger, when I leave Half-Life 2 in the console after it "hangs", after a wee while it starts playing the demo that you get when you leave the game sitting at the main menu for a while! So this makes me think that its just the main menu thats f*cked! But without the main menu I can't play the game, so thats still a pretty big problem, altho a VERY strange one!