Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Question A disclaimer for The Clinic

After posting a poor copy and paste in CAPS in The Clinic and realising the error of my laziness, I suggest that a disclaimer should be made a sticky in that section. This precautionary measure would serve as a reminder to excercise a little common sense or seek professional advice for more serious ailments, as certain people could cause harm to themselves or others by following misinformation for unfounded cures and remedies. The Clinic itself is a great new addition to the forum but I feel this would cover DF's back for when someone recommends gargling with Domestos as a cure to tonsilitis (although I guess it would get rid of your tonsils).

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: A disclaimer for The Clinic

you could have a good point there mate, as we`re bound to have the odd "blunt tool" in here who`ll believe almost anything they read. as for "the clinic" I agree it`s got off to a great start (it`s helped me anyway ).

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'll second that mate.. there are some people who are desperate for advice who take what is written (anywhere) as gospel without seeking professional advice and that could be a tad detrimental to their health as well as the forums reputation.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

As I said in your other thread, I agree it'd be a good idea, it should also include a statement to the affect that you should never rely on medical advice from anyone on the internet (No matter who they say they are) without discussing it with a medical professional first.