Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Bit-Tech Wii Hands On (Worries)

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/27/wi...r-likes-games/

The folks over at Bit-tech were able to score some extensive hands-on time with the Wii outside of the short demos shown at E3 or other mass-media events. The impressions are generally positive, but stripped of the effusive praise for the system that seems to have gripped most of the game journalism community

Bit-tech worries that the controller may end up being a gimmick, fun to bring out at parties but not as intriguing on a day-to-day basis. The site also felt the controller's motion-sensing technology wasn't as revolutionary as it could be -- instead of a "magic wand" that accurately senses every move, the author felt like the controller has "been designed to mimic a joypad, with a few neat tricks thrown in."

All that being said, the preview did have positive things to say about most all of the games demoed, and mentioned that the system is "fun to play." But despite the claims of a completely revolutionary experience by Nintendo and others, Bit-tech found their experience with the Wii "a bit different from the 360 and PS3, but not drastically as you may have thought/hoped."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Bit-Tech Wii Hands On (Worries)

It does have a generic controller too remember plus can use Cube pads. I agree with the Gimmick statement. I'm just waiting to get my hands on one and make my own mind up
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

at the end of the day it is if you like it that matters. if you dont feel comfortable with the controller then you probably wont buy it. dont worry too much what other peoples opinions are. thats why im still gonna get a PS3 even with all the bad news and comments anti-sony groups keep coming out with.

Thanks
    Karma Level

any new idea rusn the risk of not working, alot of people said the touch screen of the DS was a gimmick but its panned out to be a great addition.

Thanks
    Karma Level

As a Nintendo VIP, you’re probably as excited as we are about the upcoming launch of our new console. Chances are you’ve seen all the Wii Experience videos on Wii.com already, wishing it were you holding that Wii Remote and experiencing a new generation of gaming first-hand.

But while you will have to wait for December 8 to bring the Wii console home, we don’t want you to have to wait until then to get your first taste. We want to do something in return for our most loyal members, which is why we will invite selected VIPs from all over Europe to special events spread across the continent.

You’ll get the full VIP treatment, and – most importantly – access to all the available games to play to your heart’s content.

Whatever you do, just make sure that the details in your membership profile are correct. After all, it would be a shame to miss out on this opportunity simply because your contact details were outdated, preventing us from getting in touch with you.

We’ll be contacting the lucky members from next week onwards, so keep an eye on your mailboxes. It could be you wielding the Wii Remote real soon…

Well while wait when you can try out the controller before the launch, only if you a VIP member at nintendo web site. Only problem you may find if you win, that the place will be full of kids

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    any new idea rusn the risk of not working, alot of people said the touch screen of the DS was a gimmick but its panned out to be a great addition.
    its a nice addition, i wouldnt go so far as to say great. So few of the games use it at all properly Mario kart, nsmb etc etc

I fear they (and fans) are putting too much pressure and expectation into the wii controller. Sure it'll be nice but not all that used or useful. I'd much rather the focus be shifted towards the console and its possibilities rather than wii and new controller being constantly used in the same breath
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks
    Karma Level

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/31/wi...ontrol-issues/

After spending "several hours" with Wii Sports, IGN's Nintendo editor Matt Casamassina doesn't like the game due to flawed controls with the exception of Wii Bowling which he calls "totally rocking." Regarding Tennis, he had this to say: "You don't control anything except the swing of your player's racket. The movement of these Mii-alike athletes is all done automatically by the game. You simply swing the Wii remote back and forth to make your on-screen character do the same thing."

True dat. Though we enjoyed the game at E3, it's unproven how long the fun lasts with tennis (from our limited play test). Regarding Baseball, Casamassina contends: "When you want to throw a curve ball, you don't actually motion it, as you might suspect. No, why would you want to use a gesture for a console whose primary purpose is to promote unique and innovative ways to play? To throw a curve ball, you first select it on the D-Pad and then make a standard throwing motion."

Though no one should be expecting deep gameplay from the pack-in, a flick of the wrist puts spin on a moving bowling ball but not a breaking curve? Bush league.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thought it wouldnt be what i hoped,this seems to prove that.

I would 100% buy one if it was everything it should of been. Tennis sounds cack.and baseball without any real technology.

Thanks
    Karma Level

as i said, nice to have but still a gimmick. Focus (mainly from fans but especially from nintendo) needs to move away from the controller being the be all and end all of this machine. It won't be, not even nearly.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks
    Karma Level

give it chance to come out guys, one "review" of a free game and everyone starts jumping up and down like the machine is totally flawed. How many bad reviews did the first gen of PS2 and 360 games get?

Thanks
    Karma Level

it's a freebie, these "games" were developed to test the technology and no doubt and some manager probably thought it was a good idea to give it away with the console - I'm sure there hasn't been the number of development hours put in that a proper sports game would have.
    Download my latest breaks and electro mixes or listen to Sellout Breaks FM