Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Off to Florida in 4 weeks, any advice?

Hi guys,gals 'n' the undecided,
    Taking the wife to florida for 2 weeks for our anniversary next month, got good deals with
    the flights (travel city) and hotel (Rodeway, i-drive), but looking for ideas/prices for
    amusement tickets and car hire.
    Also if anyone can reccomend places to go as in bars,restaurants and shopping malls
    that would really be appreciated.
    If anyone has advice on getting from sanford airport to i-drive cheaply, this would help,
    we are staying around i-drive for the first week then getting a car for the second week
    to travel around a bit.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Off to Florida in 4 weeks, any advice?

florida mall and millenia mall excellent loads of shops

and golden coral for food carnt beat it all you can eat buffet and the food is absolutely amazing
    I have stolen money from a DF member and a member of Disqworld. All my personal details including families details are on file and will be made public to everyone if I do not refund the money I stole or send the goods I promised. My name will be ravaged across the net and the consequences will be severe if I do not sort this fucking mess out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

dont hold a democratic vote in florida on what to do they dont like them, other than that theres plenty to do on i-drive wet and wild, gokarts ripleys believe it or not shopping at the meccardo theres loads although i would get a car for both weeks cos its massive and very well spread out between places

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you are going to theme parks, get your tickets before you go. I get mine from Keith Prowse iirc.
    Also, I would probably be inclined to get the car for two weeks, and when you go to clooect the car, ask (with $20 visable to the cashier) if they can sort you out with a free upgrade - if they decline, put your cash away, if they oblige, sort them out.

Citywalk at Universal has some great restaurants, I especially like the Hard Rock there, it has a great atmosphere. The Black Angus steakhouses are very good, there is one oppostie Wet and Wild on I Drive. And you have to have Denny's for breakfast.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just head for south Miami beach never mind the rest of florida ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have been using www.skycars.com since 1995 for all my private (non business) rentals in the USA. For piece of mind every form of insurance is included and they use Budget in all their US locations.
    Every single time I've booked I've been upgraded for little ($10 a day) or nothing e.g. Intermediate > Ford Mustang, compact > Mercury Cougar, Intermediate > Saab 93.

Go through their online booking system and then call up, they usually manage to shave even more off over the phone.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks guys, The Black Angus steakhouse sounds good as we're facing wet and wild, as we are bang in the middle of i-drive i thought we could just wander around for a few days before we get a car, (maybe book online at the hotel) also thinking about the universal 2 week 4 park pass , looking at £100 pounds each for those, any decent bars in the middle of i-drive?

Thanks
    Karma Level

the irish bar at the right hand side looking at it from the hotel your in

theres plenty to do as every year we go we dont rent a car just use the trolly busses and taxis to get around

just remember tho as soon as theres a thunder storm they shut all the rides off and everyone clears out remember to watch the news/weather and there 95% right of the times the thunder storm is going to start so come out of the park about 5mins before if your going to catch the bus if not come out whenever you want but its a mad dash to find your car/taxi/bus
    I have stolen money from a DF member and a member of Disqworld. All my personal details including families details are on file and will be made public to everyone if I do not refund the money I stole or send the goods I promised. My name will be ravaged across the net and the consequences will be severe if I do not sort this fucking mess out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You probably won't get effected by thunder storms in December. The rainy season will have passed.

Orlando Weather
    High Low Rain
    (Fahr.) (Fahr.) (In.)
    January 72 49 2.1
    February 73 50 2.8
    March 78 55 3.2
    April 84 60 2.2
    May 88 66 4.0
    June 91 71 7.4
    July 92 73 7.8
    August 92 73 6.3
    September 90 73 5.6
    October 84 65 2.8
    November 78 57 1.8
    December 73 51 1.8
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:

Thanks
    Karma Level

i wanna go now, warm weather, the sun, im sick of winter here already

Thanks
    Karma Level

be careful

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by casio View Post
    i wanna go now, warm weather, the sun, im sick of winter here already
    ditto

Thanks
    Karma Level

Im going to florida on tuesday, i cant wait!!

All i need is cheap travel insurance. Is there anyehre cheaper then InsureAndGo.com?
    Last edited by -G-Man-; 12th November 2006 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I got my insurance from Egg as I have an egg card. It was very cheap, something like £40 for a year for me and the misses worldwide.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i went last year november before thanksgiving - and clothes were cheap @ nike, and the other malls - on the day iwas returning i could see posters in the shops saying thanksgiving sale extra 75% off. now thats really cheap.
    i went with travel city direct (10 of us) economy seats, 2 weeks passes for Universal unlimited, 12 seater minibus, plus a private villa with kenwood travel (uk based) villa had 7 bedrooms, heated pool and was in emerald island resort - very clean everything worked and it cost me £549.00 per person all in. now thats cheap

DF Legal Advisor & Admin Legal Eagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Re: Off to Florida in 4 weeks, any advice?

Hey

I would definately hire a car for your whole stay, that way, you will also be able to collect it at Sanford when you arrive and save the $ 90 to $ 100 taxi ride to I-Drive.

Just FYI, if you happen to get a flat tyre (tire) on your first night in the hotel, if you call their 24 hour number, they will usually bring you out an upgraded car for free, for your inconvenience.....

No thunderstorms this time of year, we are in the dry season. Only rained in Orlando twice in the past month, then it was onece overnight and once for an hour mid-afternoon.

The Orlando 14 day Flex ticket is good value....4 park doesn't include Busch Gardens, the 5 park does.Car Parking at the theme parks is $ 10 and payable in CASH.

One of the best Outlet Malls to go to is Premium Outlet Mall in Lake Buena Vista, Exit 68 off I-4. Also, worth a visit, whilst you are in the vicinity of the Outlet Mall is the Church next door, I forget the name of it now, but you can't miss it, beautiful stained glass windows and the Chief 'Pastor' is from the UK originally.

If you want any other advice or help, just PM me with a landline number and best time to call and I'll answer anything you are unsure of.

Regards

Legal Eagle
    Legal Issues ? I'm your man.

Every Visitor To My Office Makes Me Smile.....
    Some On Arriving, Some On Leaving

Appreciative Karma Always Welcome

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you visit any of the outlet malls keep a look out for coupon booklets. Last time we went at the reebok store it was BOGOF with a coupon on trainers so we stocked up on classics which was working out approx £25 for 2 pairs. Theres also a few disney outlets at the malls which is much cheaper than buying presents at the themeparks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks Guys, will follow advice and get the car for two weeks, someone mentioned a shuttle launch in the coming weeks as well, maybe worth the trip but apparently they get canceled a lot.
    nice blip in the dollar as well at the moment, $1.878 to the pound at http://www.no1currency.co.uk/
    does anyone know of a sports bar who show the premiership games or highlights?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Legal Eagle View Post

No thunderstorms this time of year, we are in the dry season. Only rained in Orlando twice in the past month, then it was onece overnight and once for an hour mid-afternoon.

One of the best Outlet Malls to go to is Premium Outlet Mall in Lake Buena Vista, Exit 68 off I-4. Also, worth a visit, whilst you are in the vicinity of the Outlet Mall is the Church next door, I forget the name of it now, but you can't miss it, beautiful stained glass windows and the Chief 'Pastor' is from the UK originally.

Regards

Legal Eagle
    Just got back from Florida after 3 weeks was really good.....

Did have a couple of storms while i was there(woke me in the night shaking our villa) but they were at night so no problems with the parks or anything

Also as leagle has said the Premium Outlet Mall in Lake Buena Vista is really cheap for branded clothing and stuff....

You wont be dissapointed with anything in my opinion is a really cool place but very tireing....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by apllrd View Post
    Thanks Guys, will follow advice and get the car for two weeks, someone mentioned a shuttle launch in the coming weeks as well, maybe worth the trip but apparently they get canceled a lot.
    nice blip in the dollar as well at the moment, $1.878 to the pound at http://www.no1currency.co.uk/
    does anyone know of a sports bar who show the premiership games or highlights?
    There is a Pub on IDrive, an irish one, that shows the football. Get there early as it fills up fast. It is near the top at the Wet and Wild end, on the right (if you are headed up IDrive). Can not remember the name though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast