Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Poisoned Russian spy dies

Poisoned former Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko has died in hospital - the cause of his death is still a mystery. He and his friends and supporters were convinced the Russian government had poisoned him after he fell ill earlier this month.

In an interview conducted just before he died, he said: "The bastards got me, but they won't get everybody."

The Krelim has said Mr Litvinenko's death was "a tragedy" and a matter for British police.

The 43-year-old ex-KGB agent had been given asylum and citizenship in the UK after fleeing Russia.

His supporters have said he was killed by Russian agents because he was investigating the murder last month of dissident investigative journalist Anna Politkovskaya, who was shot dead near her Moscow apartment.

Moscow has called the accusation "sheer nonsense".

The Metropolitan Police have now launched an investigation into "an unexplained death".

It emerged that hours before he slipped into unconsciousness, Mr Litvinenko told his friend, filmmaker Andrei Nekrasov, that he knew his battle against the mystery poison may fail but the campaign for truth would go on with or without him.

"I want to survive just to show them," he said.

He suggested his poisoning was proof the Kremlin was targeting the right people.

He continued: "This is what it takes to prove one has been telling the truth."

Mr Nekrasov told The Times his friend's ward had looked "like a scene from the Godfather".

All visitors were screened by armed police before being ushered into the darkened intensive care room ,where Mr Litvinenko lay in excruciating pain in the days before his death.

Mr Nekrasov told The Times: "Sasha [Mr Litvinenko] was a good-looking, physically strong and courageous man, but the figure who greeted me looked like a survivor from the Nazi concentration camps.

"We discussed the likelihood of another killing. Sasha warned me not to go back to Russia because it was too dangerous.

"Very sadly he turned out to be the next victim, attacked in the perceived safety of central London."

Source - http://uk.news.yahoo.com/24112006/14...-hospital.html

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Poisoned Russian spy dies

I read in the paper this morning that, the hospital did not confirm poisoning. His wife told the press and the hospital that she suspectd her husband was poisoned. According to the hospital, the residue that the x-rays revelead could be a result from previous medication.

Whatever the case may be, I am certain the world is not going to miss this guy.
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by cronus71 View Post
    I am certain the world is not going to miss this guy.
    why do you say that?
    [CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Real pirates don't [I]STEAL[/I], they [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]SHARE[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/B][SIZE=1]Unless they are cunts, then they just leech...:happy:[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

the press said he was not poisoned buy a heavy metal.....thats lemmy and ozzy in the clear..
    Sometimes i like nasty close ups,
    Sometimes I like them air brushed,
    Sometimes it's a spread brown eye,
    Sometimes it's girl on girl.
    Sometimes a steamy letter will do it.
    And not often, but sometimes I like the idea of a chick
    with a horse.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fusen View Post
    why do you say that?

Just based on the CV of the organisation he represented.
    “If I asked you to have sex with me, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this question?”

Thanks
    Karma Level

fairenough he was ex kgb but still, theres the wholething about him being a UK citizen and being poisoned in such a public fashion, pretty much all newspapers are covering the story this morning.
    [CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Real pirates don't [I]STEAL[/I], they [/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]SHARE[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/B][SIZE=1]Unless they are cunts, then they just leech...:happy:[/SIZE][/CENTER]

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fusen View Post
    fairenough he was ex kgb but still, theres the wholething about him being a UK citizen and being poisoned in such a public fashion, pretty much all newspapers are covering the story this morning.
    I totally understand your point of view, and very much respect it.
    I just think, there must be a lot more UK citizens poisoned that do not make the papers, and where the people are not ex KGB.

That's if he was poisoned.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Indeed

I think the timing on it has peeked people's interest more, due to the release of the new Bond movie.

Ya know: spies, russians, etc etc. People love reading about such things. It's the same with gangsters...

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    I think the timing on it has peeked people's interest more, due to the release of the new Bond movie.
    Maybe the producers have taken film marketing to a new level. If they have, I salute them. Innovation is the mother of progress..........

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes its sad but he was a spy, maybe if a gun had been used there would be less in the news, its james bond stuff alright but does not need this constant news coverage. Many people died of cancer today no doubt.

Another thing i disliked about this is BBC and possibly Sky coverage with headlines of RADIATION ALERT flashed up constantly.. scare mongering at its worst, proves the news people just cant wait for the next nuke attack, god forbid that should happen.

RIP Alexander Litvinenko
    The Best Damn Job In The Galaxy.

http://impstherelentless.com/