Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

News My TNA experience

Ive been delaying writing this so i could add some pictures along with it. ive been waiting til my mate gets his disposble camera pics developed, seeing that i somehow managed to erase my digi cam memory card like a dick.

Anyways, whilst on holiday in Orlando last week, i thought it would be rude not to check out TNA live, and even ruder not to see the first ever Kurt Angle v Samoa Joe match, so thats what i did!!

Let me start by saying that the TNA set up is fucking shambolic. i got to universal at about 9 in the morning and strolled over to soundstage 21 where TNA is taped. there i found about 300 people all ready queing up to get in (TNA has a a no ticket, first come first served polocy by the way) Amd was told if i wanna get in i better join the queue now. My first thought was 'fuck this'. there was no way i was gonna waste a day of my holiday queing up to see the event, no matter how much i wanted to see it.

at about 2 o'clock me and my mate took a walk back over to see how things were looking, and to our suprise everyone had gone. 'what the fuck' kind of sprung to mind.

We spied some fat guy with a TNA shirt by the door, so we asked what had happened. Apparntly they had never seen a crowd like that so early, and for safty reason they had to hand out tickets, therefor there was no need to queue and you could stroll up a half hour before the show starts and grab a seat, right? WRONG!

When we asked for tickets, the guy gave us 2 raffle type tickets, which did admitidly garentee us enrty, but we couldnt be any later then 4 hours before the show started, for reason that were never explained. We decided to go for it just coz we wanted to see Joe v Angle. So we turn up at 4, along with about 800 others who had been given tickets, and we were walked (in no particular order, so the number on the ticket meant fuck-all) to the front of the studio where we had to wait outside like a bunch of dicks for 4 hours. Then at about half 7 the doors were open, and its was a scramble to the best seats. Ive not seen anything like it, people were litterly climbing over each other. we darted straight to ringside, to find out that that area is standing room only!! which does make for a very good rock concert like atmophere, but the last thing i wanted to do after standing around outside all afternoon was stand for the entire show!

So was it worth it? yes and no. It was great to see TNA live, and good to see the inside 'Impact Zone' but the actually event was a complete mess from begining to end.

I wont give anything way for those who havent seen it (its on this sunday on TWC) butsthere are some very strange things happening in TNA at the moment. (you can blame Russo for these)

Hopefully i'll have some pics to upload soom, but til then you'll have to keep a look out for 2 guys wearing bright orange 'Pukka 1' t-shirts under the TNA logo!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: My TNA experience

it sounds like it was more an interesting experience than a good night, what is the crowd like? are they all disgruntled wwf fans or old wcw fans who refuse to watch vinny mac?. Do they have as many kids at the shows as in the wwf most of the crowd nowadays seems to be under 15's and this will lead to longevity on their part, but i feel tna don't seem to have that younger fan base in the audience and its something they need to get into there crowd for staying power.

As for russo i know i put up a great defence of him, but you just can't help but think TNA have made the worst mistake ever in bringing him in they were putting out a decent product with the matches making the show and not really needing stupid segments in between building anything up, However i think now more than ever if they wanted to hand the fans back to vince on a plate it could be continuing down the road they are taking, lastly what happened at the ppv was a sham and it did have that russo stink all over it, it funnily enough reminded me of big name wrestler in wcw getting beaten by politics.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by freakzilla View Post
    As for russo i know i put up a great defence of him, but you just can't help but think TNA have made the worst mistake ever in bringing him in they were putting out a decent product with the matches making the show and not really needing stupid segments in between building anything up, However i think now more than ever if they wanted to hand the fans back to vince on a plate it could be continuing down the road they are taking, lastly what happened at the ppv was a sham and it did have that russo stink all over it, it funnily enough reminded me of big name wrestler in wcw getting beaten by politics.

thats a great shout, i couldnt agree more with it.

TNA has a very lively crowd, and they are very much into the wrestling. they are mostly big time 'marks' who live and breathe wrestling. I doubt very many of them have even touched a female breast if you know what i mean!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

no pics mate?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer_y89 View Post
    no pics mate?
    nothing worth posting. I fucking hate disposable cameras they are crap!!

Only one pic came out, and that was of me and Konnan after the show, and even thats blurry. I had a load on my digi cam before the memory card commited suicide.