Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

News Ken is next to quit

Ken is next to quit

Day 5, 15:34 UTC - by Neil Wilkes

Ken Russell has quit the show and left the house, Channel 4 confirmed this afternoon.

The 79-year-old left through the diary room at around 2pm - less than 48 hours after Donny Tourette exited the show in protest over the master-servant task.

Before he quit, Ken had been involved in a number of task-related rows with Jade and her family, including an argument about eating cheese.

Explaining his decision in the diary room, Ken told Big Brother: "There was a great deal to enjoy in the house and I'm sincere about that. I knew there'd be a few surprises but not of the kind I experienced. I am a big old fuddy duddy and some of the surprises were a little too much to take for someone of my sensibility."

Ken was unaware that he, together with Jermaine, Shilpa, Jade, Jack and Jackiey, was facing eviction from the house on Wednesday. It is believed that the eviction will still go ahead as planned.

http://bigbrother.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds10926.html
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ken is next to quit

Housemates react to Ken's departure

Day 5, 17:55 UTC - by Neil Wilkes
    Once again the housemates have reacted with a relative calm to the news that one of their number has decided to quit the show.

As head butler, Carole was required to deliver the news of Ken's departure to the group this afternoon.

"He has made some wonderful friends and enjoyed his time in the house," she reported, "but this is the right decision for him at this time. Ken is looking forward to seeing everyone in the near future."

Ian was quick to point out one immediate benefit of the loss - "no snoring!" - while Jo came to a different realisation: "You know what that means? We're getting new housemates because we've lost two."

Carole said she was "very sad" that Ken had gone, but noted: "Ken's his own man, he's done what he wants to do."

Meanwhile Jade recounted details of her prior argument with Ken over cheese. "You can ask Jo, it was beyond the acting," she said, referring to Ken playing the part of a lord for the task.

"That argument took it out of him," Dirk suggested. "When you get older... you would have to go somewhere to recover. All that shouting is draning."

http://bigbrother.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds10937.html
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ken is next to quit

I reckon he would have been voted out anyway. It was painful to see a 79 year old in the show.
    What if the Hokey Cokey "IS" what it's all about?