Close

Thread: creatine?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default creatine?

i'm looking for a creatine product but want to know what creatine product have you had the best results with? so many to choose from but surely some are better than others.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: creatine?

My advice is whther you choose CEE or mono don't go for the big branded expensive stuff, as the creatine will be just that. Some people have different views about protein different qualities and so forth but creatine is creatine. I think it was my protein that had some of the purest cee that you could buy.

Personally i would reccomend CEE as it doesn't come with cramps and water retention that some find with mono and you are more likely to be a responder to CEE as some don't respond to mono at all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok. thanks for your advice. could do with your advice on my diet aswell. here's my info. was 20st 7lbs last january, i now weigh 14st and i'm 6ft tall exactly. my goals are to gain muscle mass and to have definition. this is what i have come up with for my diet so far

breakfast: porridge with banana, protein shake
    lunch:tuna or chicken salad with protein shake
    snack:fruit and protein bar
    dinner: tuna or chicken with jacket potoes and veg, protein shake
    workout : 2 hours including 30mins cardio (4 times a week)
    after workout: protein shake

any help appreciated, i cant eat 6 meals a day as some people recommend due to work commitments etc.

Thanks
    Karma Level

keep the brekky and after workout shakes, ditch the rest try and just eat more whole foods. Also a source of slow release protein before bed is good, cottage cheese/quark cheap and easy.
    What type of job is it? if you're sitting at a desk or have the occasional few minutes of nothingdom then keep a bag of unsalted nuts nearby to eat occasionally, whenever the urge is there.
    Instead of the protein shake at lunch a tub of natural yoghurt or quark with stuff in could be had as a quick desert providing you with a source of protein.

Hope that was of some help, I can't see any other let downs to the diet. Experiment with different food types and styles if you are that kind of person, this way it won't get boring and end up with you constantly cheating which will happen sooner or later if you see it as a chore.

Also have a couple cheat meals a week but try to keep them relatively high in protein, say a pizza or a take out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok thanks for your advice, my job is sat down all day pretty much but i do have the freedom to get up and go to toilet etc so could sneak in some food then i suppose. i dont like cottage cheese so any other suggestion for food before bed?
    Last edited by supacook2k; 22nd January 2007 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you mix cottage cheese with yoghurt or jam/honey etc it takes all the taste away, you are then left with the texture, Also after you have mixed it try whacking it in the microwave for 30 secs stirring it and then another 30 sec nuke. I didn't like cottage cheese but i found this helped, also all the major supermarkets do a cottage cheese and .... I really like the pineapple and will happily feast on tubs of it. Try these out before you completely rule it out.

The only other thing is quark, a soft cheese. Taste needs some getting used to but this can also be mixed with stuff, jam, yoghurt, hot choc mix, honey, choc spread. Anything really as the taste is really easy to cover if you don't like it, but it will grow on you after a while.