Please read before posting! - Healthy Eating

Thread: Please read before posting! - Healthy Eating

mattress said:

Default Re: Example Diet

Quote Originally Posted by maverick_15 View Post
    Try to get hold of a heart rate monitor and train at between 65 and 85% of your maximum heart rate, for optimum fat burn. (Take you age from 220 to give you maximum heart rate, optimum fat burn is at between 65 & 85% of this figure, anymore than 85% will burn muscle off).
    This fact is very, very interesting. Thanks for all the advice.

chrismaher2007 said:

Default Re: Please read before posting! - Healthy Eating

Quote Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
    It's all well and good talking a good workout, but do you actually back it up? Give us the low-down on what you can lift and your routine.
    thats like saying the best football manager has to be the best player

chrismaher2007 said:

Default Re: Please read before posting! - Healthy Eating

but seriously. quality post.

as homer would say 7 thumbs up

flanflinger said:

Default Re: Alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by maverick_15 View Post
    Alcohol

A very common question is “I’ve got a beer belly, how can I get rid of it?” It is a fact that all the sit-ups in the world won’t get a six-pack showing through if there is a layer of fat and therefore this needs to be reduced. Alcohol is a massive source of calories and as far as possible needs to be cut down on. If you drink go for something like vodka slim line tonic, white wine, vodka diet coke. If you must drink beer try lighter beers (e.g. Coors Light, Michelob Light etc) but drink less.
    if I just drink white spirits with tonics... instead of beer will this help?
    Who were you when you thought you where you was?. Whats a matter for can't you want to?

super mike said:

Default Re: Please read before posting! - Healthy Eating [07.11.07]

With low calorie mixers (slimline tonic, diet coke etc) then it will have far less calories than a pint of lager. I assume that is what you were getting at?