Thought I would post these for a change as the one in red made me laugh. If only I had the Delorean I would go and change it.

Jan 15 1919

In Boston, an immense storage tank alongside a rum distillery suddenly explodes, producing a flash flood of 2.3 million gallons of sticky molasses. Whole buildings are knocked off their foundations and reduced to rubble by an eight-foot wall of liquid traveling 35 miles per hour. 21 killed and 150 injured as a result of this industrial accident.

Jan 15 1947

The body of 22-year-old Elizabeth Short is discovered in a vacant lot, her mutilated corpse chopped in half at the waist. Her murder is known as The Black Dahlia Murder, one of the most lurid murder cases in Los Angeles history. The murderer was never found.

Jan 15 1951

A gaseous volcanic "Cloud of Death" descends from Mount Lamington, New Guinea, killing 5,000.

Jan 15 1974

The first episode of Happy Days airs. Potsie sets Richie up with that Mary Lou slut.

Jan 15 1983

Meyer Lansky, retired Jewish organized crime genius, Godfather of the Mafia, dead of a fatal nosebleed at Mount Sinai Hospital. It is not clear where Lansky's estimated $300 million fortune went.

Jan 15 1988

Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder's racist statements regarding the breeding history of slaves and black athletes costs him his job at CBS.