Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Weekend in Los Angeles

I'm off to the States on business for two weeks. The first week will be in LA/San Diego and the second week will be in Denver, Colorado. I've chosen to spend the interconecting weekend in LA purely because its going to be warmer. Any ideas on what to do in LA or where to escape to... I'll have a car with me?

Cheers
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Weekend in Los Angeles

If your going to San Diego I recommend if you can going over to Tijuana over the border in Mexico on a Friday or Saturday night a real eye opener.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by FireBlade View Post
    If your going to San Diego I recommend if you can going over to Tijuana over the border in Mexico on a Friday or Saturday night a real eye opener.
    Hey, thats what I'm talking about.. excellent idea but will I need a Mexican visa and more importantly do you reckon its safe for a pasty foreigner like me?
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

no way, Tijuana is one of the most ugly place in the world, full of stupid drunk american kids.
    Just go to San Diego, and enjoy it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Stayed in both San Diego and LA over the summer.

San Diego is amazing and has loads to do. You can go on the Midway aircraft carrier which is huge, you got sea world and san diego zoo which is huge. The beaches are fantastic. Gas Lamp district is good to go for a beer at the night time and there some good shopping malls there. A trip into mexico is well worth it although Tijuana is very dodgy. You can easily jump in a cab (very cheap) and visit Rosarito which is really cool, its about a 45 min ride but worth it as the beer is flowing all day on the beach and its cheap. It is mad crossing the border as the two places are so different. Make sure you take your passport to get back in.

LA is pretty cool but lots of it are a dump. Hollywood is a dive apart from the boulevard. Definately worth seeing and go and have a beer in hooters on the boulevard as the birds are top notch. Dont stay in hollywood if you can though. Venice beach is pretty cool as there are loads of weirdos doing mad things like juggling with chainsaws. You got Universal which is a good day out. Malibu is a nice beach with lots of surfers, very chilled but not much else to see there, LA is really spread out and you need a car to get to places really.

Enjoy mate

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Hey, thats what I'm talking about.. excellent idea but will I need a Mexican visa and more importantly do you reckon its safe for a pasty foreigner like me?
    I went when i was a fuckwhitt 18 year old with a few mates lots for free tequila and strip joints its a must do visit i recken. I ended up asleep on the beach woke up with my feet in the sea with a sore head ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fuck fuck fuckety fuck!!!
    Just been told that a German colleague will be coming with me on this trip. Since we'll be sharing the car and she's never been to the US, I'm going to have to babysit her. There goes my weekend of debauchery in Meh-ico
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

went to vegas on november and was ace, drove to los angeles and back and was roughly a 4 hour road trip,lots to see on the way, reminicscent of the old western films. Bright lights and money everywhere, even had time to point out the famous/washed up celebs on the strip and have a look at steve wynns new hotel (and all the other ones!), its the absolute dogs. to stay at a hotel for the weekend might be a bit pricey for the upper class hotels (£150) but imperial or ballys are great for last minute hotel stops.

when you do get to vegas try head to treasures nightclub, a fascinating experiance which is easy on the wallet
    Last edited by arvin; 25th January 2007 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm off to the States on business for two weeks. The first week will be in LA/San Diego and the second week will be in Denver, Colorado. I've chosen to spend the interconecting weekend in LA purely because its going to be warmer. Any ideas on what to do in LA or where to escape to... I'll have a car with me?

Cheers

Vegas is a must do. LA is a bit unimpressive imo, Malibu is quite nice though.

Book yourself into a strip hotel (as in location, not ladies, but that would not be bad) and go wild.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fuck fuck fuckety fuck!!!
    Just been told that a German colleague will be coming with me on this trip. Since we'll be sharing the car and she's never been to the US, I'm going to have to babysit her. There goes my weekend of debauchery in Meh-ico
    she fit?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    she fit?
    She's not bad looking for a German. But anyway I'm a married man :angel
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

She's not bad looking for a German. But anyway I'm a married man :angel
    when you our in the states wrecked out your face, the german will be sitting on ya face matey id play it kewl see if she dirty or not

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    when you our in the states wrecked out your face, the german will be sitting on ya face matey id play it kewl see if she dirty or not
    I'm taking my gimp outfit, plenty of lube and some latex gloves..... just in case.
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm taking my gimp outfit, plenty of lube and some latex gloves..... just in case.
    go well prepared, u never knwo what will happen, i.e she forgets to go to her hotelroom when coming back from a hard nights drinking. id take a pack of rubbers too

Thanks
    Karma Level

LA is a disgusting hole of a place. Generally the people are obnoxious, rude and unhelpful unless they're in the service industry and then they're so nice an helpful that it's really quite disconcerting. The freeways are hellish but they have to be traversed often as LA is such a huge sprawling monster of a city. There's no tangible centre to the city and most areas are characterised by being absolutely devoid of character. The only difference between one suburb and another is the affluence and the ethnicity of the denizens found therein and the amount of snobbery or animosity you'll experience dictated by the aforemetioned demographics.

They call it La La Land for a reason.

Thing is, it's LA and I've been there, experienced all this myself and would have it no other way. You may not have as great a time as you would in Vegas but LA has to be seen and experienced one's self. I've found some of the worst places I've ever been as some of the most memorable, it's all a part of traveling. That's how I look at it anyway, very many would probably disagree.