Close

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 360 remote, will it work on my PC? few more streaming questions too...

Well I have media centre on my PC and the full official 360 remote, will this work on my PC? What receiver would I need to buy?

Also how can I record what is playing on my xbox to a file either on my PC or Xbox HD?

And do people like to stream media from computer to 360 because of the screen or what?!

Just trying to learn and utilise these advanced media things everyone keeps raving about!

Cheers

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 360 remote, will it work on my PC? few more streaming questions too...

I also have a question. If I'm playing music in the Xbox guide thing whilst playing a game, can I just use the remote to pause it? Because everytime I listen to music, a cutscene comes up and I have to quickly go to the guide, scroll down and then pause it. By that time I've missed most of it.
    Note: I am not an admin. I just have a red name :happy:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 360 remote, will it work on my PC? few more streaming questions too...

If you go HERE to set up the extender software on your pc, you can stream from pc to xbox 360.

Once thats done you can control the media centre via your 360 with the remote.

If you also install transcode 360 on your pc you can stream xvid/divx etc and hd content (stored on pc) to be really impressed!

You can also put hd-wmv directly in your sharing folder to stream directly to 360 via mce (without need for transcode or tversity) THIS is a good start, or you can d/l full hd-wmv movies now from usual places.

As for recording directly from 360, I have just been given a dvd recorder and using the hd/av lead with the premium pack I can record gameplay (or anything else) from the 360 on to it,via the composite leads, although it has to be set to sd and not hd so you lose the quality when viewing on tv.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by adeingolf View Post
    If you go HERE to set up the extender software on your pc, you can stream from pc to xbox 360.

Once thats done you can control the media centre via your 360 with the remote.

If you also install transcode 360 on your pc you can stream xvid/divx etc and hd content (stored on pc) to be really impressed!

You can also put hd-wmv directly in your sharing folder to stream directly to 360 via mce (without need for transcode or tversity) THIS is a good start, or you can d/l full hd-wmv movies now from usual places.

As for recording directly from 360, I have just been given a dvd recorder and using the hd/av lead with the premium pack I can record gameplay (or anything else) from the 360 on to it,via the composite leads, although it has to be set to sd and not hd so you lose the quality when viewing on tv.
    K+ for that mate.

My problem is I have a better screen on my PC than on my Xbox TV so streaming PC->360 is rather pointless for me

I will have a play around with what you have shown me and will have it ready for when my 360 goes wireless in my room on a good screen!

Anyone able to answer the rest of my questions like the remote one?

Cheers

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

well the 360 remote is infra red and the one for the pc media center is rf. There is a setting in the dashboard though that lets you alter it to use a media center remote instead so get a media center remote and the rf receiver and you'll be able to use it for both

yes the ir remote does pause the music whilst playing a game, just tried it
    You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be all right!

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheThingIs View Post
    well the 360 remote is infra red and the one for the pc media center is rf. There is a setting in the dashboard though that lets you alter it to use a media center remote instead so get a media center remote and the rf receiver and you'll be able to use it for both

yes the ir remote does pause the music whilst playing a game, just tried it
    Lol, bit late now, I already have a 360 remote Don't have enough funds for anything at the mo

So no plug and play receiver for the PC?

Cheers

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have stolen money from a DF member and a member of Disqworld. All my personal details including families details are on file and will be made public to everyone if I do not refund the money I stole or send the goods I promised. My name will be ravaged across the net and the consequences will be severe if I do not sort this fucking mess out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can you please use the correct tags when making a thread here as per the rules.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by computer techie View Post
    Sweet mate! Cheers for that, K+

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Turns out crossfire won't support remote just controllers and wireless headset, just a warning for those who are in my position.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just in case anyone was wondering about the wireless receiver, I bought one Friday afternoon and it works a treat.

Wireless headset on teamspeak and the wheel for GTR2 on PC is very good. 360 has taken a back seat for a while!