Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Ebay - little Englander shop keepers

Napolean remarked 'L'Angleterre est une nation de boutiquiers' ('England is a nation of shopkeepers).

None so is this more evident than on Ebay, some people take their shitty little auctions way too seriously, I've just had an email from a seller warning me that if I don't send payment immediatly I would be reported to Ebay and legal proceedings may be initiated.... I won the bloody item on Monday night FFS. I've noticed that in general Ebay can bring out the worst pettiness in some people. There was this one auction where the seller went into a long diatribe about Pakistani and Bangladeshi bidders who win his car auctions and then try and bargain him down afterwards... WTF????

When I joined Ebay in the 90's it was full of chilled out buyers and sellers but now its just populated with small minded shopkeepers who act like they're surrounded by Nigerian scamsters.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ebay - little Englander shop keepers

Very true. I usually point folk at the FAQ.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/tp/unpa...m-process.html

where is states -

Usually the seller must wait seven days after a listing closes to file an Unpaid Item dispute.

The guy sounds like a petty cunt and should have it in his terms if her requires faster payment but ebay won't listen until 7 days is up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

agreed, seven days, it is nice to get fast payment, but I would be intrested if "buy it now" was used, were they cand state "immediate payment required" if so then that is different..
    :kissass :cry: Hmm I wonder which 3 this is ????

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BLUTO141 View Post
    agreed, seven days, it is nice to get fast payment, but I would be intrested if "buy it now" was used, were they cand state "immediate payment required" if so then that is different..
    With regard to Buy It Now I am constantly pissed off with buyers who BIN something and don't pay for 5 days or so. It just defeats the object of Buy It Now and makes me wonder what they were thinking.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If I win an item I usually pay immediately but sellers have to realise that a buyer might be at work, away for a few days, on holiday etc so it's not always feasible for them to pay immediately.

On the flipside what really fucks me off no end is when lazy cunt buyers can't be fucked leaving me feedback. What's the big fucking effort to punch a few keys and leave this??? CUNTS.

I've emailed one lazy whore who I sold a pair of jeans to and she wrote a 6 sentence reply explaining that she had been really busy and just hadn't got round to it...but then another week passed before she left it! Why did she bother writing this reply when it would have taken a fraction of the time to leave the feedback? The silly fucker.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    now its just populated with small minded shopkeepers who act like they're surrounded by Nigerian scamsters.
    Because they are. When i listed things on there, 75% of emails i got were from scammers, and out of 10 items, 4 had to be re-listed due to scammers winning the bids. As a result i lost money because i was selling them before their release date. Due to having to relist them, they lost 30% value. W@nkers

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    With regard to Buy It Now I am constantly pissed off with buyers who BIN something and don't pay for 5 days or so. It just defeats the object of Buy It Now and makes me wonder what they were thinking.
    You can set BIN that requires instant payment. I usually BIN because I can't be arsed to wait for an auction to finish.
    Note: I am not an admin. I just have a red name :happy:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roach-Rampino View Post
    On the flipside what really fucks me off no end is when lazy cunt buyers can't be fucked leaving me feedback. What's the big fucking effort to punch a few keys and leave this??? CUNTS.
    I had a whine about it here and still have the same issues. Fucking cunts!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

i think the attitude of ebay'ers in general has worsened due to the increase is arseholes actually using the service. When i first started using it attitudes were very different, but it was much much smaller, similar to the chat room rant also in here. the general public are a bunch of cunts, even an honest seller will probably expect his customer to mess him around if he hasnt paid up soon due to the sheer number of people that have messed him around in the past.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The point I was trying to make (perhaps not too well) is that there are a lot of petty-minded, patronising idiots out there who act like they really do have a shop front. They take great pleasure in pontificating the exact terms and conditions of their auctions (payment within 5 minutes, email me before you bid, add 5% if paying with Paypal etc..) and yet if you so much as criticise something like their £15 P&P or illegal PayPal surcharge you get nothing but sarcastic abuse.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

I personally don't think theres anything wrong with paypal surcharge. If something goes for an amount, why should you receive less to pay for the buyers insurance just because he doesnt trust you? Sod the ebay rules, whats wrong with that?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by carlover View Post
    I personally don't think theres anything wrong with paypal surcharge. If something goes for an amount, why should you receive less to pay for the buyers insurance just because he doesnt trust you? Sod the ebay rules, whats wrong with that?
    If you have any sense and keep quiet about it and incorporate it into your P&P then nobody complains if you are sensible about it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

But by accepting paypal more people will bid and your item will sell for more as the bidders will be more confident due to the paypal protection.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I see bert's point, if I ever get pulled on it, thats what I'll probably start doing. The only reason I don't is because I'm honest to a t in my auctions, even get postal costs down to the penny. I often get put off auctions when the p&p cost is more than a quid over the true postal cost out of principle.

Thanks
    Karma Level

On a slightly seperate note, who on earth started all that l@@k nonsense. Why the hell do so many people do that crap.

To me it looks like latatk or laak (before anyone points it out, I do know its meant to be look). I can't say i've ever saw that and thought wow some illiterate git wants my attention, so I had better see what crap he is trying to rip me off with.

Thanks
    Karma Level

On a slightly seperate note, who on earth started all that l@@k nonsense. Why the hell do so many people do that crap.

To me it looks like latatk or laak (before anyone points it out, I do know its meant to be look). I can't say i've ever saw that and thought wow some illiterate git wants my attention, so I had better see what crap he is trying to rip me off with.
    What pisses me off no end are the stupid cunts who think its clever to write "1998 VW Golf 1.4 (Not GTI, 206, Focus, Astra)"

And all those idiots who spam the wrong categories e.g. I want a particular Nokia phone and yet I have to wade through pages of £0.99 leather cases, batteries, wrist straps etc.. Use the appropriate categories you Class A FUCKTARDS!!!!
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    What pisses me off no end are the stupid cunts who think its clever to write "1998 VW Golf 1.4 (Not GTI, 206, Focus, Astra)"
    I'm pretty sure you can report them for that.