Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Europe gets new spec PS3 hardware

You'll never play PS2 games anyway. When did you ever play PS1 titles on your PS2? Not much. Plus after a few days you'll realise it sucks and buy a 360
    Note: I am not an admin. I just have a red name :happy:

Thanks
    Karma Level

there just a bunch of cocks who deserve knocking down a peg or two. I really hope that the ps3 falls flat on its face because they have done nothing to deserve sucess. The sony fanboys should keep them in business though. Playstation is just a brand that everyone knows and people will keep buying the shite there churning out at the moment. Wii's and 360's deserve to be bought because they offer something to the gamer.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Lucky i got a HK one then, i have heard rumours in the firmware update it will be patched to pal??

Thanks
    Karma Level

as much as i dislike sony for their recient errors and decisions, id choose a PS3 over a 360 every time.
    I dont really care for PS1/2 games but i really think the machine would be more attractlive with decent backwards compat, especially in light of how popular retro gaming is becoming with xbox arcade and the Wii VC.

I really wish they would have done the logical thing and dropped the price when they decided not to include the PS2 hardware, it would have given them a little respect, removing teh chips and leaving the price as high is just a joke.
    Adding the rubbish about 1080p PS1 games is just clutching at straws too, i mean the PSP can emulate the PS1 perfectly, id bloody hope the PS3 can and upscale to 1080p with great ease.

Sony are far from beaten, but they seem to be trying their best to piss everyone off.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by SiE View Post
    I really hope that the ps3 falls flat on its face because they have done nothing to deserve sucess. The sony fanboys should keep them in business though. Playstation is just a brand that everyone knows and people will keep buying the shite there churning out at the moment.
    Remember the hype on this very forum for the 360, all the little titbits cropping up, preorder have I -haven't I threads - must say that I'm not feeling the love for the new boy?

Thanks
    Karma Level

$30 saving at manufacturing is all they are saving by taking out the Emotion Engine chip so even if they did drop the price it would only be by about £15 if that much.

Who really cares about backwards compatibility anyway? You never play last gen games anyway. I remember playing GT for PS1 on my PS2 when I got it and I turned it off after about 30seconds because it was that bad.

Retro is cool but PS2 isn't retro it is current. VC and XBLA work well because you don't have to get a disc out and it is instant gratification so you can turn it off as quickly as you loaded it.
    I feel the need, the need for speed. ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12