Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Weird Vista Ultimate X64 Wireless Connection Issue's

Hey Guys

Hope some one could help

I have a built in Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter in my Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard, When i use my wireless card to transfer files or download my wireless connection drops, Then i try search for availible networks and no network connections can be found by the windows software, even though it should find 3 routers nearby. I use a netgear WNR834B router and have an Xbox360 and 2nd pc with WPN311 working fine on wireless.... Its not a signal problem as does not drop wireless connection until i download or transfer files... to fix the issue i disable and enable the wireless card and reconnects again. The connection works with no issues if left idle..

I tried playing around with power saving to try improve but where no changes seems to be going into a sleep mode but i turned that off

Any advice is welcome

Thanks
    Saint15

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Vista Ultimate X64 Wireless Connection Issue's

Quote Originally Posted by saint15 View Post
    Hey Guys

Hope some one could help

I have a built in Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter in my Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard, When i use my wireless card to transfer files or download my wireless connection drops, Then i try search for availible networks and no network connections can be found by the windows software, even though it should find 3 routers nearby. I use a netgear WNR834B router and have an Xbox360 and 2nd pc with WPN311 working fine on wireless.... Its not a signal problem as does not drop wireless connection until i download or transfer files... to fix the issue i disable and enable the wireless card and reconnects again. The connection works with no issues if left idle..

I tried playing around with power saving to try improve but where no changes seems to be going into a sleep mode but i turned that off

Any advice is welcome

Thanks
    Saint15
    I have the same mobo and couldn't even get Vista 64 to install the driver. It tried every time and failed. Tried manually installing it, using the latest available but still no go. Whacked on Vista 32 and it installed first time no problem.

Which driver are you using?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its ver 6.1281.130.2007 its the only drivers availible on the realtek website, but my diver was installed via windows updates using ethernet.....

I heard it could be an irq conflict but how do you change IRQ's in this bios how do you even view the IRQ again...lol?

if it where irq conflict why doesn't the PC BSOD?

ok IRQ's in device manager....check for the wireless adapter and isn't even listed unter its name cant fine it anywhere.

saint15
    Last edited by saint15; 11th March 2007 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok im no wireless guru and im not at home at the minute so I cant verify what im saying.
    But I had the same problem, my wireless link was up & down like a brides nighty.
    To fix it I changed my security from WEP to WKIP and this worked a treat. Changed it back to WEP and had connection issues again.
    If I was at home I could confirm the exact type of security I used, basically scrap WEP thats where my issue was.