Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 1000's cancel their preorder and turn so grey imports...

I know I am going to get shot down for saying this but here goes anyway....

Isn't it a good thing that people who really want one on day one will be able to get one and that if people want to be able to walk in to a shop and purchase one say a week later will be able to as well?

You still can't buy a Wii for love nor money. Can't Nintendo make enough of them or are they just stuffing the UK and Europe for stock as usual.

360 was like rocking horse crap to get hold of to start off with and it took a couple of months for them to become freely available.

PS3 hardware for Europe being downgraded - same hardware as the US and Japan will get in April and is likely to be more reliable as it isn't 1st gen hardware.

Backwards compatibilty poor because of the above point? Who knows because nobody has the 1.6 firmware yet. Potentially it could be a lot better because of the points stated by other people about software emulation. Is it really that important anyway apart from a few key PS2 titles

In my view (and believe me I hate Sony, ask {909}) I think Sony have handled the European launch well. Ok they should have said they were going to roll out in all countries at the end of 2006 as they should have learn't from MS mistakes the previous year. Ok we are the last of the three main territories to get the hardware but that has always been the case - at least it is only 3 or 4 months instead of the 7 to 12 months it has been in the past.

As for the price we live in rip off Britain so live with it. For those of you who don't import about £500k worth of goods a month from the Far East like I do you won't be aware that companies that import goods in to the EU have to pay local VAT, have to pay import duty and have to pay ever increasing carriage charges from China (as we are consuming so much in the way of consumer electronics from that country they have got wise to it and shipping charges have nearly doubled in the last 12 months) - they can't just put "Competition Winner" on the stock and hope that C&E don't notice it.

If the PS3 isn't selling as well as Wii or 360 in the US and Japan I don't care if it means we get more stock in the EU as it means we don't have the stupidity of having to fight for stock for months and months - it harms the market overall.

You wouldn't expect to have to wait for stock to be replenished if you bought the latest and greatest mobile phone that everybody wants, you'd just expect to be able to go to the high street and buy it. Why should consoles be any different?
    I feel the need, the need for speed. ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good point - this is a successful release for those that want the console

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lets face it the only people who will loose out on this launch will be the ones who thought they were going to make a ton of $$$ on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    Good point - this is a successful release for those that want the console
    I feel the need, the need for speed. ;-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234