Close

Thread: Returning 360

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 Returning 360

My 360 has decided to freeze every 10-20mins, which means I can`t play a damn thing.
    I have returned numerous times without a problem to Game, however this time is a little different.

1) I can`t find the receipt from the last time I returned
    2) They have asked me specifically on the phone if I opened it
    3) they told me to see 2 guys in particular

Now, are these guys gonna check for modding?
    They have never asked me about openenin it before, which along with the specifically 2 guys thing makes me wonder if they are gonna pop a copy in to check (I can reflash to orig) and check the sticker under the faceplate - maybe they know what they are doing and are the "modding checkers" so to speak.

Now the sticker is still there, but has bits missing where the case has been removed.
    Would I be better off with/without this?
    I have tried colouring it in with silver pen but it doesn`t look right, maybe tin foil cut to size and stuck inderneath the sticker - then glued over the case would work?
    The little openeing where the case clips together has some marks on as well - if you know what to look for you`d know it had been opened kinda thing.

Anybody got any ideas so I can swap my 360 for a working one - I`m getting withdrawal symptoms!

Last time I swapped it didnt even go through the till, a guy just took my unit off me in the queue, went out back and came back with a new one...so I could say maybe I got an already returned unit and this is it...but without the receipt it looks even dodgier than it already is!

Like I said I have returned before with no issues, but this time just smells...different...

Cheers!
    Last edited by rIKmAN; 21st March 2007 at 03:07 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Returning 360

how did u pay for it card or check. on the saf side i would mod it bk 2 normal just in case seeing as they asked u 2 speak 2 some1 in particular

Thanks
    Karma Level

Try to take it back on Saturday lunchtime too

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Flash it back and take it on a v busy day like tef89 said. I wouldn't worry about it though, whats the worse that could happen, they refuse to take it back! And at that point just call ms and have them fix it. You could argue that your little brother/son or whatever has messed with it and put a different front on and pulled the sticker off and you stuck it back on. Just be forceful and insist they replace it.
    You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be all right!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Saturday afternoon in the Trafford Centre...ahhh that will be fun
    Just don`t want to be stuck in a "scene" in the store....last time I took one on a saturday was when the lad cam and took it off me while I was queuing up and swapped it out back without it even going through the till.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had my 360 go tits up (for the 2nd time) on Sunday. I also got mine from GAME so i packed it all up and headed into town. The guy did whip the face plate off and have a look then "took it out the back" for a few tests. Mines not flashed so I was OK, but from what I could see they do seem to give them a good once over.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wish i worked in a game store, god id make u all sweat! It would be worth the pisswank wages just for the pleasure

Id be a little concerned about the sticker damage, but if they ask, just say it was damaged when you were swapping faceplates or someting.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah, might have to try cleaning it and backing it with tinfoil, then sticking back on - see how that looks.
    The others I`ve returned I just wiped clean with no sticker, but then they never even took the faceplate off or anything, sounds like they getting more wise with what to look for in a modded console.

Wonder if removing the DVD power would make it a more open/shut case so they get red lights when they turn it on?
    Spose the reported error would give that away though?

Also pizzaman advised me it may be a dirty lens - so gonna give it a clean and see - sounds more feasible as its come on so quickly and hasn`t ever overheated before.

Thanks
    Karma Level

not really relevent to this, but my mate returned his 360 to M$ and when he got it back it was still flashed! Id have thought M$ would have been a bit more fussy :S

Thanks
    Karma Level

Did it work when he got it back?
    What was the fault?

They must have shite QC!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

removing dvd connections doesnt give red lights, just nothing happens when you press eject
    You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be all right!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I`m sure I got red flashing lights when I left out the dvd cable...maybe I was trippin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Right, after no red lights and too many crashes to mention, I finally get the ring of death!

Error code: 0102 Unknown Error - litereally means the console does not know what is wrong. possibly a short or cold solder joint somewhere (2 reports of people repairing this, one was removing moisture build up inside the console, the other used a hot-air rework to reflow the BGA Ram chips)
    So it deffo is going back....anyone have an in-tact security sticker they wanna flog?

edit: also, can you flash the drive of a red lighting 360 - I will put orig fw back on just in case if so
    Last edited by rIKmAN; 22nd March 2007 at 08:06 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why don't you try glueing the faceplate on with Superglue?

Also, is it still under warranty? I might have some receipts lying about but they're from about Jan 06.
    İlubber Lang

CHAMP19NS

Thanks
    Karma Level

try the towel trick. my mate just did that to his and it brought it back.

wrap it in a couple of towels and turn it on for 10-15min. turn it off n let it cool, then try again... has to be worth a try.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It should still be under warranty yeah, as long as the 12months continues when you get it swapped.

I had an original receipt from game online (who I bought it off at launch got 2), and that died and went back to a Game store, they replaced, put it through the till and gave me a normal Game Receipt (online receipt was A4 sticker type receipt) sayin -1x 360, + 1x360 = £0.00 kinda thing. So I assume that this receipt gives me 12moths from the day it was issued.

When that one went I took it back and whilst waiting in the queue a young lad came up and asked me what was up, I told him, he took the console in the back, returned with a new one and said I was good to go - it didn`t go through the till or anything so I still had the receipt from the original return - but now I lost that.

If you fish out a receipt that would be grand, but if it`s dated Jan 06 thats more than 12mths so would be no good anyway.

As for the towel trick - that brought it back for how long?