Close

Thread: Wisdom Teeth!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Wisdom Teeth!

Right, since Thursday I have been having some discomfort in my upper left jaw. It's my wisdom tooth coming through, and in the mornings it is worse because everything has stiffened up during the night, but after a few hours I totally forget about it during the day.

Now I have had a feel about and can feel that the front of the tooth is not impacted against my original molars, so that is good, however, there is very little space between the new tooth and the back of the jaw.

On the right hand side, the tooth is about the same way out and it feels fine, however, there is plenty of space between the new tooth and the back of the jaw on that side. The tooth has not fully come through, and I am wondering if the pain is just associated with them coming through, or something more serious?

Anyone got any ideas? Should I head to the dentist, or is it nothing to worry about, and to just leave them to fully come through. The pain/discomfort has not gotten any worse since Thursday, and as I said, is only there in the mornings, but fine for the rest of the day.

Cheers!

EDIT: Oh, and the side with discomfort has slightly swollen gums, the other side does not.

EDIT 2: Just realised, now the pain has pretty much gone, so has the swelling, appears to only hurt when the gum is swelled up and the pressure must be causing discomfort, but once the swelling goes down it all feels fine again.....
    Last edited by Mario87; 5th July 2010 at 09:33 AM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Wisdom Teeth!

funnily enough since yesterday my wisdom teeath started playing up again, and i never went to the dentist to get them out, now there compacted :S also i think one is rotten so im off to the dentist this week .so probbally better you get dentist to have a look
    I STINK GET OVER IT !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Go see your dr and complain about the pain and get a hospital referal.

get the fookers ripped out.

once the bruises on your chest go away, so does all the pain

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Update went to the emergency dentist today waited an hour they had a poke and a prod!, they said that i needed to brush my teeth after every meal as food can get stuck in the flaps of skin when you get you wisdom teeth and can get infected, so no big op for me just to remember to brush your teeth more times than you wash your gonads lol
    I STINK GET OVER IT !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers for the info guys. Just got home from the MotoGP (first one, and DEFO not my last), hence the late reply. Called my mum while I was waiting for my flight in Heathrow and got her to get me some Listorene Total Care (purple cool mint stuff), and it's already made a HUGE difference.

After a bit of prodding around with my tounge, I can feel the pain (more of a discomfort than a pain TBH) is coming from an area where the gum has split as the new tooth is being pushed through (kinda feels like your gum does after having a tooth removed from the dentist and there is just a gapping whole, but not as big), and from reading around it seems like bacteria love those places and can make pains and sore throats worse, hence why things like salt water & anti-bacterial mouthwash help. From the looks (feel) of things, it's just the tooth ripping through the gums causing it, but now I'm back & off for 2 weeks, I think I'll nip to the dentist for a quick check to make sure things are fine. Don't want to get them ripped out if there is nothing wrong with them, but also don't want to assume they are fine, when they are not.

Thing is, I now need to find a dentist, havn't been to one since I was about 16/17 (now 23)! Havn't had the need to, but have been recommended by family & friends to get bi-annual checkups. My dad has a rolling dental checkup plan with his dentist, pays them a certain amount a month and it covers him for his bi-annual check-ups and some other things too. Not expensive either IIRC.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Try nhs direct and look up this.
    http://www.aberdeendentalhelpline.nhs.uk/ it depend on witch county you live in so it would go for your nearest dental practice taking on people alot cheaper than normal dentist just tried it and it dont work you should ring nhs direct they will help you get a dentist near you m8 .
    Also i would get corsadol mouth wash that kicks ass and you can buy it over the counter m8
    I STINK GET OVER IT !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Excellent stuff mate! Will see what I can find. As for Corsadol mouthwash, think that's what my step-dad uses. Might go & get some if it's better than the Listorene, which as I said, did make a huge difference, so if I can get even better stuff that would be a bonus.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My Mrs had her wisdom teeth out a few yrs ago, she had to have a general anaesthetic.When I went to pick her up on the evening she looked like she had been used as a punch bag by Mike Tyson, really really bad.
    I hope everything gets sorted for you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

When my wisdom teeth started coming through (well i've only got three for some reason), I picked up an infection in my bottom left gum where it was coming through, swelled up a bit, but after a few rinses of corsodyl (or whatever the spelling is) it calmed down.

It was like a had a hole in the back of my mouth, and I could poke around in there with my tongue, food always got stuck there.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had one of mine out and the last of them is now coming through.

I had to have one out as I was biting the inside of my mouth as a result. It was painful! The dentist was left handed and she had to go get anther dentist to yank it out. The lefty was pretty much on my chest pulling!!! I still have the tooth somewhere!
    We all make mistakes sometimes