Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 Guitar hero long term?

A question for those who have got Guitar Hero II with the guitar controller...

Just wondering how the game is long term? Does it feel more than just another of those "push the button at the right time" games? Is it worth the money etc?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Guitar hero long term?

Ive played it on the PS2 and its deffo one I go back to again and again!

Medium is quite easy, but once you go to hard where you use all five buttons and really have to master hammer ons and pull offs it get particularly tricky.

Therefore it does have long term appeal IMO!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had it on the PS2 (no guitar ) and now I have it on the 360. I've been playing it solidly since it arrived, and have just managed to finish medium with all songs on 5*. However, I have to say, whilst I think with practice I can get through Hard (already got a couple of 5*) I honestly don't see that I will ever be able to finish Expert, as my hand-eye coordination isn't so good, plus I'm colour blind . For me the long term playability is questionable - if it had online play or there were better download packs available then maybe, but at the moment I'm not so sure.

I guess its great as a party game if you can afford two guitars, but if you're not into that sort of thing then I'd probably recommend waiting until the price comes down

Thanks
    Karma Level

for me, Guitar Hero (1&2) is the most long term offline game there is. If you even half like rock music i recommend getting it. I have completed all the main songs from both games on expert, and i still play it to get the bonus songs and to get as many 5 star ratings as i can!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    I honestly don't see that I will ever be able to finish Expert, as my hand-eye coordination isn't so good, plus I'm colour blind

)
    im in same boat as ya it does get a bit sore on the hand with controller and can do ur head in and sweaty hands come in then cus ur conentrating to much but its fun am getting through it ok but hands can get sore like when doing long songs and on hard or expert(flailed anytime i try to hard)

Thanks
    Karma Level

It'd carry an interest for a lot longer if they put some half decent songs in the game. Song selection was poor compared to Guitar Hero 1 I thought.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I still play the first 1, I love it! Was going through bark at the moon on Expert and lost at 99%. Was gutted!! If only the hammer ons and pull offs from the second worked as well on the first!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MsDG View Post
    Does it feel more than just another of those "push the button at the right time" games?
    Yes

I had a blast on this the other week on the 360. Sure its good fun watching all your mates look like tits and getting down, then it was my go.....I had no idea how bad my hand/eye coordination was! Maybe the fact I couldn't get to grips with it put me off.

I do think it's a very novelty item and will end up under the stairs in a month or so collecting dust. Also how much is the bastard? About £70? I would not pay that for it. Maybe if I really wanted one I would look on ebay, I'm sure it will be flooded with them once the novelty has worn off.

I think its a bit like getting a steering wheel, I had one before, great when you first get it but then it just becomes a pain up the ass, keep getting it out, setting it up etc..then it just sits in a box in the loft.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I got mine for £52 delivered which i didn't think was a bad deal Should have arrived this morning hopefully

Thanks
    Karma Level

isnt every game just a matter of pressing the button(s) at the right time?

games like this, donky konga, DDR and beatmania are just someting you either love or loathe, i generally like this sort of game but failed to see the mass appeal of GH, the songs didnt appeal to me for a start but i found your input into the song wasnt noticable enough. When u play beatmania or donky konga your actions are immedietly heard in the speakers, with GH i didnt feel that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    isnt every game just a matter of pressing the button(s) at the right time?

games like this, donky konga, DDR and beatmania are just someting you either love or loathe, i generally like this sort of game but failed to see the mass appeal of GH, the songs didnt appeal to me for a start but i found your input into the song wasnt noticable enough. When u play beatmania or donky konga your actions are immedietly heard in the speakers, with GH i didnt feel that.
    I know what you mean there. I've downed the volume of the backing track and upped the voulme of the guitar, through the options menu. Much more satisfying!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Epiphany View Post
    I got mine for £52 delivered which i didn't think was a bad deal Should have arrived this morning hopefully
    Where from mate is that offer still on?
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Also you can download extra songs via the marketplace, but at 400 points or whatever that's a bit of a piss take.