Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Are you having trouble copying some newer DVDs? READ IN

Well after getting Peep Show Series 3 and trying to back it up I encountered a lot of problems...

The latest version of DVDshrink along with latest AnyDVD wouldn't read the disc. I t would start then an error would appear. So off I go and learn about how some new DVDs are using a new protection whereby the producer adds bad sectors to the disc to make it unreadable to such applications.

So here is a brief tut on how to copy them, I won't go into the settings details as the defaults suffice and you can use some common sense too

1. Download Ripit4me (1.7.1.0 is current latest version)
    2. Download DVD Decrypter (3.5.4.0 final version )
    3. Download IMGburn (optional) (2.3.2.0 current version)
    4. Download DVDshrink (3.2.0.15 current version)
    5. Install items 2, 3, and 4 BEFORE you run ripit4me
    6. Once all installed ok run Ripit4me
    7. In Settings menu goto preferences and setup options and folders as you see fit
    8. Use Wizard or 1-click mode
    9. Let it do its thing, when DVD Decrypter loads up click the big button to begin the rip
    10. If DVD Decrypter asks if you want it to try and decode keys (or something similar) click No to all, if this later results in a unplayable DVD click Yes to all.
    11. Once ripped DVD Shrink will load up, set the usual settings removing what you feel you don't need, if the resulting DVD is still too large don't worry!
    12. Once DVD Shrink has finished you can reload the resulting files into DVD Shrink and compress again if the previous compression wasn't enough to fit to DVD-/+r.
    13. If you have Alcohol 120% or another virtual drive mount the image to test it
    14. Use IMGBurn (or DVD Decrypter) to burn the folder or image to disc
    15. Voila, you should be done!

Notes:
    If using a Sony DVD put the DVD in the drive after step 8 or you may face problems.

Explanation:
    Ripit4me runs a scan which produces a file indexing the bad sectors on the disc. This file is then loaded into DVDDecrypter automatically and tells DVDDecrypter what to ignore or how to rip the files. This is the only stage which will be new to most of you as the following stages are just what you would normally do.

Hope this helps, please post any problems or if I missed any steps as I didn't use it whilst writing this.

Enjoy

So far worked with:
    Peep Show: Series 3
    Cars
    Baby Einstein
    Pursuit Of Happiness
    Chubby browns "he good the bad & the fat bastard live" newest 2007 nationwide tour
    Last edited by evilsatan; 15th February 2008 at 10:23 AM.