Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Best console based emulator

Yip, xbox all the way and you cant go wrong with BAED.

I was also impressed with the psx emu on the xbox as well.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am loving this BAED. Had a great session last night of Final Fight, SF2, World Cup Italia 90 and Track and Field.

As soon as I get Killer Instinct setup, I will be a happy man.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Thanks
    Karma Level

BAED rule !! Shame you cannot install them on the HD but apart from that they are the business Eitherway I can spend a lot of time just going through the discs and trying out games I had forgotten about or have never seen or played. I had a very mispent youth playing loads of games in arcades and on home consoles and yet there are still loads of games on these discs that I have yet to experience.

There is also BAED Evolved series which has apprently been released but I haven't managed to find these anywhere

The 1Emulation forums grew rather famous after forum member Shasta Orange Soda released a multi DVD package of Xbox emulators and roms titled the "Big Ass Emulator Disc." Since then, many people have requested updates to this series on these boards. Well ask no longer as I'd like to proudly present:

user posted image

*pause for dramatic effect* biggrin.gif

So yeah...this project started back in December 2005, and should have been ready by January...but do to complications (entirely my fault, sorry guys) it's been delayed untill now. The project is a joint effort by herbalb, BritneysPAIRS and myself.

As it stands, we have created the following:

-Super Nintendo BAED-Evolved: 1 DVD approx 3gigs. Contains one copy of every game released. USA version of the rom is always chosen first, and if unavailble the European/Japanese version is used instead.

-Sega Genesis BAED-Evolved: 2 DVD approx 4.5gigs. First disc follows the same guidelines as the SNES one. Second DVD is a small compilation of Sega CD titles to be released with Xport's newly released NeoGenesis v19. Second disc is still W.I.P

-GBA BAED-Evolved: 2 DVDs approx 6.8 gigs. Contains ALL roms from 0-2320. First disc is roms #-M, second is N-Z. Same filtering rules as Snes/Genesis

-MAME BAED-Evolved: 1DVD approx 4.38 gigs. This DVD has small front end with a switcher to choose between MAMEdOX 1.1 and MAMEoX 0.84 B3
    The reason for this design is each emulator has a few holes in it for supported games. Some titles, notably ST-V games run better with the older MAMEoX. All Capcom CPS1/CPS2 and NeoGeo titles have been removed and ported over to...

-FBA BAED-Evolved: 1DVD approx 4.37 gigs. Capcom Play System 1&2, and NeoGeo titles using FBA XXX Pro. Clones and non working games removed.

-N64 BAED-Evolved: Still W.I.P. as N64 emulation is extremely hit and miss, but it should be a 1(2?) DVD release with the complete USA roms collection and the missing pockets from Euro/Japan. It should be running a multiboot setup with several copies of Surreal 64 and Surreal 64 XXX in different stages to allow as many games to be played as possible. The save directories of each emulator will be modified so they don't conflict.

-Daphne BAED-Evolved: Laser disc games collection. 2 DVDs, first one complete. Missing a few popular games so help is needed on this one. PM me if you think you can contribute to this project. Frame files are a pain!

....what's next? tongue.gif

Huge amounts of time have gone into using Rom Center, CLRMame Pro, GoodTools, etc to ensure all rom dumps are the best they can possibly be. UnleashX is used as a front end on several disc to provide emulator switching, HD install options and Tdata/Udata pre-configured setup installs to make this as noob friendly as possible. All the final ISOs have been manually optimized using the fantastic XDVDFS Tools system for speedy loading times from DVD. Because of the file system limitations of FatX (file name length/maximum path length), running from DVD is required, despite how we all want to load from the HD. dry.gif

*IMPORTANT NOTE*
    With the recent wave of updates from +T+ and HK$ for FBA XXX Pro and MAMEoX128Plus, the current MAME/FBA discs might be scrapped in favour of a new design. Since they could be using identical rom sets/DATS in the near future, users could play the same games with either MAME or FBA and not be forced into our current layout. More details on this later.

Anyone SERIOUS people with good technical skills who can help with this project, don't hesitate to contact me. Anybody who messages any member of our team with crap about when will so and so be released or general whining, I'll make sure to add your IP/hostname to the distribution server ban list so there will be no soup for you!

As for actually releasing the files, we have a dedicated server for the job which will be semi-private. The method used for relaying the information is a system which is accepted on the Xbox-Scene official forums by the admins/mods and shouldn't tread on any toes or break any rules on the 1Emu forums. Any mods wishing to discuss this method with me, feel free to contact me.

~ That's all folks! ~

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 2die4 View Post
    There is also BAED Evolved series which has apprently been released but I haven't managed to find these anywhere
    Been searching for these as well mate .. but no joy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you wanted to make your own emu dsks, you can find al the emulators on www.eurasia.nu, i updated mine a while ago but i need to make some disks really as the xbox HDD is looking binward bound

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't know how to use newsgroups....Somebody learn and share the Evolved BAED Series here.....Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesae.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My Fav game was Wings on the Amiga, the Amiga emulator I had for the Xbox wouldn't let me fooking play it. I was dev'od.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by OneEvilDog View Post
    I don't know how to use newsgroups....Somebody learn and share the Evolved BAED Series here.....Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesae.
    Welcome to the forums.

You shouldn't need NG access, have you tried torrents?

Thanks
    Karma Level

NB has no reports of BAED of late...You need to get your ass down to your local computer fair. They always have oodles of this stuff

Thanks
    Karma Level

damn i dont use my xbox enough! I've got loads of space on it just waiting for me to shift my ass and download stuff.

btw for NG rom downloads, check out no-intro - they catalogue roms into console sets, very little excluded. I've got them but did some command prompt deleting to thin them down a bit, who needs EU US and JAP versions of the same thing? I'm crude, I just del all jap and eu copies :|

I was unaware there was a psx emu for the xbox... this I've gotta see !

to answer the original post, the PSP is pretty decent for emulation purely because it's portable and a nice console, but in terms of everything I guess it has to be the xbox now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12