Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 Dashboard Update - WLM integration

anyone else a bit disappointed with the new messenger integration?

i was expecting to sign into msn via the xbox and have my messenger status updated with the game i was playing or something cool like that

instead, fuck all.. logged in via the xbox and i get logged out of msn on the computer.

what and utterly pointless update.. why log me out of the pc client if you log in via the xbox?!

complete pish.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Dashboard Update - WLM integration

yeah in the same way you can see what people are listening to on msn you could see what your playing. maybe that will appear in the future.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by SiE View Post
    yeah in the same way you can see what people are listening to on msn you could see what your playing. maybe that will appear in the future.
    You can now... my mate signed in and it said Signed in by xbox live (in the place where it usually says mobile device) and it said he was on call of duty 3.....
    Life is good...

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have a mate on my MSN list atm and his says whats game he`s playing and shows his Gamertag also.

I agree though, pointless.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ah so it shows yer status to others, but youve no way to do so while still chatting on the pc... didnt know that, as i dont think ive anyone on me contact list whos using it on xbox yet.

bollox.. if i log into msn i wanna talk to people with a proper keyboard, not through the friggin on-screen keyboard.

i was hoping for it to be an addon type thing to msn so i could just "log in" via xbox (but not necessarily chat through it) and it would update my msn status and lemme chat to people either through the xbox (if they were logged in via it) or msn.

seem theyve decided that you can either use msn exclusively on the xbox or a pc... which is pretty much a complete waste of time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

you can also plug in a usb keyboard to your 360 and use that to chat with.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You could use a usb keyboard. I do see that logging out of the pc is a bit crap. Stupid problem that needs to be adressed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

So far it's shite. You need to be able to remain logged in on the PC, and the 360 at the same time. Then it could show your game details etc..

I guess it's early stages, they should of missed it from this update and worked a bit more then release a decent working version. I guess next time maybe, they do fucking love the updates it seems.

Thanks
    Karma Level

if you log in to one pc then go to work and log in there what happens? why did you think it was going to be any different with the 360

and surely you know what game your playing

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by steve10574 View Post
    if you log in to one pc then go to work and log in there what happens? why did you think it was going to be any different with the 360

and surely you know what game your playing
    no shit, thanks for that... yes, i know what game im playing however thats not really the point. im also aware they only allow an msn username to be logged in one place at a time, i just thought they would have done a better job with xboxes. slightly different than moving from home to work or whatever, dont you think?

do you usually take your xbox between home and work...? mine stays at home with me, so why am i signed out of WLM on the pc just cos im playing my xbox. id have thought they would figure a way for xbox's to be special in that you could be signed into a pc and the xbox at the same time... for lazy people, like me.

if your moving from pc to pc, it makes no odds as you have a full keyboard and mouse set up, with the xbox theres just the onscreen keyboard or voice chat. id prefer to use msn solely to let contacts on msn know im online playing a game so they can send a join request or something.

i wanna be able to send game and user invites and stuff like with XBList, but better, cos its a massive memory hog.

arent people allowed to be signed in on their pc while playing the xbox? i am most of the time. couple of people i was talking to on msn already said it was a pain in the arse as they got logged out by the xbox mid chat lol

i think that will be something they have to sort eventually, as being signed out of the pc pretty stupid and something they could easily fix. they should also add XBL features to WML instead of the other way round as they seem to be doing..

really the biggest issue is that i dont automatically get signed back into msn on the pc.. and for people who leave it signed sign in 24/7, thats pish.

this is one thing google talk does so much better than WLM, you can be signed in at a 2 (or more) different computers and itll just send messages to whichever client was most recently active..

i cant see any way to stop it automatically signing into fucking messenger either... anyone know how?

Thanks
    Karma Level

nm found it:
    Q: I don’t want to automatically sign in to Live Messenger on my console…how do I turn it off?
    A: Sign in to Xbox LIVE, go to the Xbox LIVE blade, then select your gamercard and press A. Go down to ‘Auto Sign-in’ and press A. You can set your preference for Xbox Live and Windows Live Messenger separately here.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fuck me Marcy is there anything you dont moan about?

Maybe you should consider changing your name to Moancode?
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    Fuck me Marcy is there anything you dont moan about?
    what the fuck are you on about? whos moaning?

i just posted some things id like to see them change about it, cos after all this fanfare about WLM integration, it ended up being shit.

forget it, ill know not to bother next time if i can only post about how great something is.

Thanks
    Karma Level

There was a keyboard annouced for it, dont know if its out yet tho.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah i saw that... tho i prefer to type on a proper keyboard for my IM'ing.

would take me all day to type a message on that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by marcode View Post

i just posted some things id like to see them change about it, cos after all this fanfare about WLM integration, it ended up being shit.

forget it, ill know not to bother next time if i can only post about how great something is.
    I cant rember the last time I read a post from you praising anything !

Have you ever made one ? :roflmao
    Last edited by 4me2; 10th May 2007 at 08:39 PM.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by marcode View Post

LMFAO!

I can always count on you to make me really LOL mate - your like a cross between Chubby Brown and Victor Meldrew

I agree with everythin you`ve said btw - just I`d probs get banned if I said it the way you do haha...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by rIKmAN View Post
    your like a cross between Chubby Brown and Victor Meldrew
    lol...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    I cant rember the last time I read a post from you praising anything !

Have you ever made one ? :roflmao
    once or twice im sure.. what can i say, im a perfectionist. and this shit is far from perfect.

whats a forum for if not for talking about shit microsoft software ffs. bitching about shit software is part of my repertoire, just as making antagonistic, seditionary comments with smiley overkill to make it ok, is part of yours. :emot64:
    Quote Originally Posted by rIKmAN View Post
    LMFAO!

I can always count on you to make me really LOL mate - your like a cross between Chubby Brown and Victor Meldrew

I agree with everythin you`ve said btw - just I`d probs get banned if I said it the way you do haha...
    lolol

meldrew.. fair enough.. i take exception to chubby brown though lol.
    Last edited by marcode; 10th May 2007 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Here's some shortcuts for MSN on the 360 if your using a USB keyboard.

When you're using Messenger on the console, you can use it with a keyboard while you're engaged in other activities, such as watching a video or playing a game.

It is possible to use a USB keyboard while you are having an IM conversation on Xbox 360. Simply attach the USB cable from your keyboard to one of the USB ports on the Xbox 360.

You can use some of the following keyboard shortcuts to interact with the Chat Box:
    Sign in to Messenger. When you are not signed in to Messenger, press Windows + M to take you to the Messenger tab where you can sign in.
    Start a conversation. If you are signed in but don't have any open conversations, pressWindows + M to take you to the Messenger tab where you can start a new conversation.

If you have an open conversation in Messenger and want to go to the conversation area, open the Xbox Guide and select Chat and IM or press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    Open the Chat Box. If you have any open conversations, press Windows + M to open the Chat Box right over your game or movie. You can see the last few lines of any active conversations and enter a message. This is a good way to exchange quick messages.
    Close the Chat Box. You can close the Chat Box the same way you brought it up, by pressing Windows +M.
    Switch between conversations in Chat Box mode. You may have more than one open conversation. Cycle between conversations by pressing CTRL + -> (right arrow key).
    Open the Guide while in Chat Box mode. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller or press the Windows key to close the Chat Box and open the Guide.

If your using a Mac keyboard, substitute the Apple key for the Windows key.
    360 ID: Symate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast