Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default My go at a step by step, stir fried chicken and noodles

It's not a complicated dish, just a little prepping..
    First, a good marinade makes a difference to the taste:
    Get some olive oil, butter, ginger, garlic, cashew nuts and lemon.

Crush the nuts and garlic, slice ginger into fine peices, put into a small blender, add about 2 tablspoons of olive oil and a knob of butter, add the zest of a (Unwaxed or scraped) lemon and season with some sea salt and black ground pepper.

Now, get your chicken pieces and place them on a paper towel for about 30 seconds, I find this can mop up some of the blood or other crap they have sat in whilst in their packaging... don't leave on paper too much over 30 seconds as it will stick to the pieces.
    I cut a slot in the side of each piece and slits across the top.

Fill these up with your marinade, clean out the original container and pop them into this, juice a lemon over it all and using a basting brush, paint it in well, cover with clingfilm and pop in the fridge for an hour or two, the longer the better.

When your ready to cook, continue the slits you put in the pieces so they seperate the meat into edible chunks.

Boil your noodles as you like them, I then drain them and add a little butter to a seperate pan on a medium heat, then bung the noodles on this for about 5 mins.
    Put a wok/pan on a high heat, add some veg oil and once up to temp, throw the meat in, and once seared add some soy sauce to taste.

Now, I like mine to have that 'barbi/open fire' look with little bits of burn without leaving it too long so it dries the meat out too much. I tilt the pan about 20 degrees, hold the meat from slipping down with a wooden spatula. let the oil gather at the bottom and then 'flick' the meat over half the gas ring rapidly, this causes some of the oil to catch fire as it covers the chicken, lighting it momentarily. ffs, DON'T tilt the pan too far or the oil will spill into the flames and you're gonna have problems.

Final result, and tastes really good
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: My go at a step by step, stir fried chicken and noodles

Looks very tasty pal. Plus I love the action flame shot!