Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Upgrade opinions needed!

Apologies to bug y'all, but need your opinions on my upgrade options...

Basically, my mobile phone life goes as follows:

Old motorola brick > Numourous popular nokias > Most of Orange SPV range > MDA Pro

So as you can see, i've gone down the route of wanting my phone to do absolutely everything.

Now, i'm at the stage where i'm sick of carrying around the huge MDA Pro on nights out/quick trips to the shop etc

I've got a mega cheap Moto and a mega cheap Nokia both nice and small, for this task, but to be honest I hate them! The lack of bluetooth/camera/overall niceness is annoying me beyond belief. So much so that I end up not using them and lugging around my MDA Pro!

So i'm coming round to the fact, that for a while and for at least the near future, there is nothing that is a significant upgrade from my MDA Pro, nothing has the the full feature set and/or is smaller and better.

So i've half decided on going for something small/shiney and that isnt likely to annoy me with software bugs/needing regular hardware resets etc etc

Just rang t-mobile cancellations (i'm currently on month 20+ of my contract and have bumped it down to a flext 20 web n walk with addons and generally paying around £30-35 a month) and they've offered me the following based on me telling them what type of phones I wouldn't mind:

Samsung U600 or Sony Eriksson K800i

Free Handset Upgrade
    12 Month Contract
    Flext 25 + Web and Walk
    Free Weekend Calls

For £25pm

I asked the guy about the n73/n95 and he said i'd have to pay for the handset and stay at my current monthly spends, but reckoned that customers have been telling him (and he's had it confirmed) that if you do the upgrade thru certain phones4you stores you can get both handsets free on my level of spends/even on the £25pm)

Now i'm not overly keen on Symbian phones, from playing with a mates in comparison to my experience with handets using windows mobile. It also seems to me that whilst the N95 has a cracking spec, it does it unspectacularly rather than having quality in every feature. Not too sure on the stability either, I think coupled with the bulkyness/potential to annoy i'm tilting towards not liking it.

Plus i still have the MDA Pro (and my web and walk sim) to do the data/cool app side of things.

So.... any opinions on these handsets/prices? or any other suggestions on similar handsets in terms of style/features?

From looks, i'm thinking maybe the u600 is the best choice, but i'm very unsure!

Thanks in advance to anyone that can be bothered to reply after reading this ramble! lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Upgrade opinions needed!

As an N95 owner im biased, but its a cracking bit of kit.
    do the firmware upgrade and its sweet as a nut, camera is amazing video mode is ace quality.
    the wireless side is a breeze even it even shows you hidden networks
    as an mp3 player its thebets sound ive heard from a phone, the built in GPS excellent and in the next few weeks tomtom re to release a patch so there s/w uses the built in gps unit.
    batt life if u hammer the gps wifi etc isnt great but for what the phone does i rekon its the best nokia yet.
    oh and you can make phone calls how mad is that lol