Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

PS3 New exploit found using demo .pkg

Hey guys,
    I've got a lot of dumb question on irc/boards here is a faq for all noobs around :

- Does this mean we can play backup games :
    -NO!, i'm not interested to get a Iso loader up, I think piracy hurts the Industry and Sony, I just want to get Homebrew up nothing more!

- Does this mean we get a 1.81 OE :
    - Very stupid question, we don't know anything about the GAMEOS, also I think that there will be never a OE, because sony is not that kind of dumb again to let people start changed prx!

- Can i be a beta tester :
    - No! I have a quite good team around, which I can fully trust! So plz don't ask anymore!

Also I have forget to get some credits out for Jeff Chen who help me much to get this thing work! BIG gratz JEFF you are my man

This will be the last post for now, I will now check some stuff and later watch Forumula 1 =) So have fun guys, and as I said, don't hype it plz! It's just a test right now, so nothing to go crazy about

cya
    Placasoft

New exploit found using demo .pkg ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

According to this french site, a (spanish ?) guy called Placa has found an exploit working with FW 1.60 to 1.81.
    My understanding is that it is possible to modifiy the code inside a .pkg file.
    Another guy called dot_blank claim he tested this exploit using launching code of otheros demo. He succeded launching code displaying 3 quick-blinking lines then go back to xmb.
    In a second attempt, with full homemade code (without launching code), they said the prog started but nothing happend and go back to the xmb.

I don't know what to think about this ... It seems to easy to be true ...
    Anyone heard about that ?

was on irc
    Last edited by f1kid; 17th June 2007 at 07:46 PM.
    [live=FugalAssAssin]FugalAssAssin[/live]

http://zappedby4me2forbeingtoobig.com

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: New exploit found using demo .pkg

taken from ps3news.com

Over the weekend placa shared with us in THIS Forum thread news of a potential PS3 exploit discovery. Many of the resident PS3Dev'ers experimented with it throughout the weekend, and several (including both CJPC and subdub among others) were able to successfully reproduce and confirm it as working!

Pictured to your left is a screenshot taken from under GAME... the "Warhawk" logo can be modified as well. Although the actual PS3 exploit itself requires no (c) files from the recent PS3 $DK leak, at this time only those with access to it can copy/upload .SELF (encrypted; standard ELF files currently don't work) files to the PS3 HDD (EBOOT.BIN on the HDD) in order to test them. Initially it was thought this method would work with v1.60+ PS3 Firmware, however, at the time of this writing it appears to only work with v1.70+ PS3 Firmware. Please NOTE that this may change, and also we do NOT yet recommend anyone update their console due to this news.

Why not update yet? According to several PS3Dev'ers, this PS3 Network Hole found (including bypass, fake PKG, etc) is now a way for Devs to attempt to copy/replace a .SELF (executable) file to the PS3 HDD... however, they have yet to actually upload a file which brings about a true "Hello World PS3" (which is the primary goal of course, followed thereafter by homebrew, iSO Loaders, and so on). As always, we will post updates as they are available so be sure to stay tuned throughout the week!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: New exploit found using demo .pkg

nice sound s good
    [live=FugalAssAssin]FugalAssAssin[/live]

http://zappedby4me2forbeingtoobig.com