Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out o

not sure how factually true this is(it was sent to me by email) but i bloody love the thinking british mps take note

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown. Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament. "If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on National Television. "I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia: one the Australian law and another Islamic law that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option", Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country. Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want, to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off", he said.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians."

However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia."

"However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle." "This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom"

"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese,Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society. Learn the language!"

"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture."

"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."

"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go",then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change,and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture, but do not force it on others.

"This is our country, our land, and our lifestyle, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."If you aren't happy here then leave. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."
    ah its from a few years back(2005) but pretty good still and after the last week more apt i would say

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/conte...5/s1444603.htm
    Last edited by steve10574; 4th July 2007 at 05:40 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get o

God i love australia!! soo much commen sense!!! it comes to a point where i hate britain i just wish i could get out! lets hope this country blows and were fighting on the streets so i can arm myself to the teeth!!!
    "Your proposition may be good. But let's have one thing understood
    Whatever it is, I'm against it! And even when you've changed it Or condensed it
    I'm against it!"
    A top man

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get o

i hate fuckin Australia always found them a bunch of racist wankers right back from when they would only take white european immigrants even Germans who they were at war with a coupla years earlier over black immigrants.
    And lets not get into there savage treatment of the Aborigines, and in more recent times the racist attacks on arab immigrants.
    Yeah great country!!!
    Bitches aint shit!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by herbinator View Post
    i hate fuckin Australia always found them a bunch of racist wankers right back from when they would only take white european immigrants even Germans who they were at war with a coupla years earlier over black immigrants.
    And lets not get into there savage treatment of the Aborigines, and in more recent times the racist attacks on arab immigrants.
    Yeah great country!!!

I think you will find that Australia was colonised by the United Kingdom and most of their laws stem from ours. Most of their civilization is made up of convicts sent from Great Britain and therefore the people you are calling racist are people who are basically british and live under law which follows the UK parliament. As for their treatment of the Aboriginies - this all stemmed from our colonisation too. Their population decreased gradually over 150 years due to forced resettlement and disease.

Are you against the government standing against religious extremists? I personally think that religion is one of the, if not the biggest, cause of racism in the world - and what stems from that is war/terrorism. The Australian parliament are fully justified in saying that these people are not welcome - because they feel they pose a threat. This is not unjustified based upon the terrorist acts around the world. They are not saying get out if you are black/white they are saying that if you fundamentally believe in a religion that does not agree with Australian Law then you yourself cannot be classed as an Australian citizen because you will break these laws, which were put in place for the good of society.

I personally just feel that the prime-minister is trying to play it safe - what worries me though is that this will just antagonise the exact people he is trying to get rid of and Australia becomes more of a target.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Unconected View Post
    I think you will find that Australia was colonised by the United Kingdom and most of their laws stem from ours. Most of their civilization is made up of convicts sent from Great Britain and therefore the people you are calling racist are people who are basically british and live under law which follows the UK parliament. As for their treatment of the Aboriginies - this all stemmed from our colonisation too. Their population decreased gradually over 150 years due to forced resettlement and disease.

Are you against the government standing against religious extremists? I personally think that religion is one of the, if not the biggest, cause of racism in the world - and what stems from that is war/terrorism. The Australian parliament are fully justified in saying that these people are not welcome - because they feel they pose a threat. This is not unjustified based upon the terrorist acts around the world. They are not saying get out if you are black/white they are saying that if you fundamentally believe in a religion that does not agree with Australian Law then you yourself cannot be classed as an Australian citizen because you will break these laws, which were put in place for the good of society.

I personally just feel that the prime-minister is trying to play it safe - what worries me though is that this will just antagonise the exact people he is trying to get rid of and Australia becomes more of a target.

Im perfectly aware that the Aussies were mostly English, what are the English immune to being racists?.
    And that there laws stem from ours lol, that doesnt mean they cant pass legislation that is inherently racists in tone and practice.
    And of course im against religious extremism especially if it leads to the breaking of any given Countrys laws.
    What i am against is any Country that is basically saying to its citizens get out of the country its a little too close to the term go "go back home" in my book you know the sort of thing you hear the NF and BNP say here. Also the fact that religious extremists abound in all religions example Hindu extremists in India massacering the muslim minority and destroying mosques in regular outbursts of sectarian violence,Christian fundamentalists bombing abortion clinics and attacking gays in America and recently Russia.For the Australians to target one particular group in my book is unfair and racists not helpful to anyone and i for one will always be suspicious of a country that prospered at the expense of Genocide of a native peoples!!
    Bitches aint shit!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

closed !!!!

READ THE SECTION RULES.