Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default N95….recommended?

Now that lots of you have them, would you recommend it to the laymen? I’m still in the dark ages with a K750i, and although it suits me for now (smallish, easy to text, no problems with calls etc), I am due for an upgrade and after a bit of research my choices basically fall down to a K810i or an N95. I do a lot of travelling for work and love taking pics, and although the N95 seems to wash pics with colour I kinda like the effect and it’ll prob save me some time with PS.

My main use’s for a phone is:
    • Calls
    • Texts
    • Photos
    • If possible, trains on TC (net)
    D can kinda be wiped out if the N95 fails in the previous three. GPS doesn’t bother me…got a tom-tom one (which has still taken me through the odd lake). I know someone who has an N95 but he isn’t as tech savvy as most on here, but even he is complaining about the software although he hasn’t yet upgraded firmware (had phone for about a month and half I think).

Anyway, experiences\comments on either the N95 or K810i appreciated.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: N95….recommended?

Ive had the K800 and now have the N95........... The N95 is great for photos and the web interface is great, Calls are calls on a phone to me, i dont know how a call can be improved from phone to phone to be honest! Texting is pretty much the same and they are as good as each other for that.

The SE's interface is a lot quicker but that doesnt necessary mean better in my opnion, The Nokia is a lot slower but there is a lot more it can do........... Ive found the maps to be extremely useful but i do live in London and do a lot of walking around. The games are a lot better too on the N95!!

If i had to chose id have the N95 but i do use it for a lot more than just a phone

In A World Of United's, City's, Town's, Rover's & Albion's There Is Only One Hotspur

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just got mine had a K800i and like said they are good at their own thing but the Nokia is brilliant, the screen clarity is so amazing it makes the SE Screen look like a pile of shit

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Dead easy Grint NOKIA !!!NOKIA !!!NOKIA !!!NOKIA !!!NOKIA !!!NOKIA !!!NOKIA !!!NOKIA !!!NOKIA !!!NOKIA !!!NOKIA !!!NOKIA !!!NOKIA !!!NOKIA !!!NOKIA !!!NOKIA !!!
    Wins hands down other than battery life but hey when it does everything 5 times better than whats a little extra charging now and then

Thanks
    Karma Level

The battery life I can live with. My species dictates that I must get some sleep every 24 hours...charge time .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Upgraded from a K800i to a N95 and havent looked back.

Memory is cheaper for the N95, gotta 2 gb card for £13 (not from ebay!!) and the camera is one of the best iv seen on a phone sofar. Video record/playback quality is 2nd to none and much better than the K800's

I like the s60 interface and love the fact that there are sooooo many apps and games available for this thing.

WiFi and GPS are nice added extras, and i use the wifi a lot, not just for web browsing either, i can make voip calls with this and use MSN/Skype whilst away from my PC.

One thing i will recommend is to get it on a unlimited data package as youll find there are lots of apps that will utilise this to its full potential.

As for battery goes, i get a good 15-19 hours out of this but i do charge it every night whilst im sleeping.

Hope this helps
    Scottio

http://scottio-productions.co.uk/
    XBL : Scottio200 :: PS3 PSN-ID : Scottio200 :: Twitter ID : Scottio200

Thanks
    Karma Level

N95... The only grip I have is that it feel unnaturally light for it's size (so gives a tacky impression) but maybe thats just me...
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

i think its an ace phone and use it mainly for calls.

i have one small gripe - i keep it in my pocket and it has a tendancy to slide open unlocking the keys when getting it out of my pocket - its annoying.

Thanks
    Karma Level

everything above n95 is a nice phone.
    heres a short vid taken with n95 of me mutts.
    http://81.105.250.123/boxers.mp4

consoles
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ta to all.

@ Neo

Yeah, kinda know what you mean about the lightness, but rather that extreme than the other.

@ Consoles & Scottio

Glad you brought that up actually. I had forgotten that the K810\800 still uses the same video codec as my K750i, which even when first released was shoddy when compared with even Samsung phones at the time.

Anyway, N95 it is .

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've just ordered one too. Got a free upgrade from Orange!
    ©lubber Lang

CHAMP19NS

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nowt wrong with a k750i mate....great phone, I love mine...got no intention of upgrading until it dies - the recent SE phones have actually gotten bigger! I can't really understand that.

Just checked out this N95...the screen certainly looks nice, but I'm not sure about the look of the phone itself. Maybe it looks better in the flesh though.

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Looked at the N95 last week. For what it does, its bloody small. The buttons are a bit small on it but guess that 'cus ive got big hands.

Certainly looks nice though ... but for £400 on PAYG ... I dont think its worth the money.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    Maybe it looks better in the flesh though.
    It does.

Not as dainty as the 750i, but only just. And the features more than make up for that I think....ex cam, ex vid and wifi.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well when you look at all the features of the N95, and then look at Sony Ericssons new K850 (soon to be released) you will see that Nokia is the clear winner feature wise.

Thus said however these phones are not in the same class, the K850 will morethan likely have a better camera, and a proper flash, but it is a cybershot phone and its camera is its main focus. Apart from the upgraded camera and the fact it uses M2 and Micro SD cards, there will not be much difference between the K850 and the K800. And Sony Ericsson have went with small square keys which i do not like at all!

The N95 is a smart phone, and should be compared to other smart phones. Its slowley coming down in price, and can be gotten easily for free on a £35 per month contract. I actually really like the desigh, and it is my first slider style phone, means i dont have to keep remembering to lock the keypad. The Screen is muck better than the Qvga screen that the Sony ericsson has/will have and with the s60 OS the customiseations with software and themes are endless.

As for size, when compareing the N95 and the K800 the only idfference is hardly noticeable, the N95 is slightly wider and ever so slightly higher. It is however shorter in length (when closed ) than the k800. And the camera switch seems a lot more stable than the sliding panel on the k800.

Dont get me wrong both are great phones and hold their own. I always said id never go back to Nokia, but with having my N95 for a couple of weeks, and seeing what is to come with Sony Ericsson, my oppinions have switched, currently id not go for any of the Sony Ericsson range atm.

Roll on 12 months and lets see what our discussions will be, SE K1000 vs Nokia N1200. lol

Scottio

http://scottio-productions.co.uk/
    XBL : Scottio200 :: PS3 PSN-ID : Scottio200 :: Twitter ID : Scottio200

Thanks
    Karma Level

shit thing with n95 is lcd their is virtually nothing between the front cover and LCD, which makes it easier to crack or break the lcd.

Thanks
    Karma Level

im waiting for the motorola rizr z8, nokia e61i or sony ericsson p1i to come to tmobile so the price of the n95 might finally come down on their contracts! it still costs a fortune with them right now!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by harryb View Post
    im waiting for the motorola rizr z8, nokia e61i or sony ericsson p1i to come to tmobile so the price of the n95 might finally come down on their contracts! it still costs a fortune with them right now!
    Sorry to let you know Harryb but E61i isn't coming to T-Mobile. I wanted to change my terrible Vario II for one but they only had the E61 and said looking at their forth coming phones there was no E61i. There was a Vario III if I wanted to wait a couple of months though - no thanks.
    I feel the need, the need for speed. ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

ah, what a shame.. still, its about £200 on ebay and some have been going for £150 so its not too expensive anyway. Would the vario 3 be based on the HTC Kaiser? that looks pretty good, even although I'm a bit wary of buying a windows smartphone.. then again, my last was the very first SPV