Close

Thread: ebay problem

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default ebay problem

I've been trying to sell a replica omega watch on ebay clearly stating in the description that it is a replica. Evertime i try it gets taken off and I receive a message from ebay stating copyright rules or something or other, which is fine, however when I search somemore loads of other users are selling the same items but with no problems.
    I'm just trying to get to the bottom of why I'm unable to sell this item but loads of other users don't seem to have a problem.
    I haven't tried contacting ebay as there not really good at responding to emails.
    If anyone can throw any light on this then I would appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance.

j

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: ebay problem

You aren't allowed to sell replicas - plain and simple. Other people might be but chances are they will get theirs taken off. Frustrating as it might be, that's the way it is. If you keep re-listing it then the chances are they'll just block your account.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policie...unterfeit.html

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thats fair enough but I've watched loads of sales from replica watches go through and they haven't been taken off and I mean loads so there's no consistency, I just can't understand how quite alot of people are getting away with it. I wasn't trying to rip aynone off or anything as I clearly stated in the description that it was replica.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Those cnuts are probably reporting you so there are less on the market - meaning better sale values for them. If you can find one person who seems to be continually selling them, you've probably found the grass. Unfortunately, all you can do is grass him back, unless you were so determined you actually win an auction just to get his home addess, but would it be worth it?

Thanks
    Karma Level

The system is reliant on people "reporting" the auctions. I guess one of the other sellers keep reporting your auction. I haven't looked, but usually they get away with it by doing 1 day auctions over the weekend, so by the time the item has been reported and acted upon the auction is over.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the replies. I've thought exactly that myself. So I decided to report someone who was clearly selling a replica watch. Got a automated response from ebay saying they take this thing seriously and will investigate . Three days later the auction ends and the sale goes through. When I listed mine it was taken off 1 hour and a half later so i decided this cannot be it. I've tried putting it on over the weekend but the shortest auction is three days but its working days for watches so thats out the question. I'm not that bothered about selling it now but I'd love to get to the bottom of this!

j

Thanks
    Karma Level

It could be that something in your title/description is prompting an ebay bot... you could try copying (not exactly) the kind of wording in the auctions that are completing? However, as said above that is risky cause ebay may ban you if you get caught again!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Already tried that and it still got taken off. I copied someones else's description it was virtually the same watch only the strap was different and was taken off after a hour and a half.
    Thanks for the reply though.

j

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just to recap :
    It cannot be my description.
    It cannot be any other person reporting me.
    It cannot be me as I asked my mate to put it on and it got taken off again.
    I've looked at alot of users who are selling and they are mostly all different with diferent ratings.
    Any other ideas people are more than welcome to respond.
    Thanks

j

Thanks
    Karma Level

i did the same with a rolex.got note saying item removed although i did state it was a replica.wouldent care it was going for a song.lol.6 months later i did it again whole new discription & still state it was replica.then banned .bugger.that was about 4 years ago

Sent By Brick Wrapped In Paper Thrown Through The Window..........

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

This does raise some interesting points.
    I have had the same problem before, and was convinced that it was other ebay sellers reporting me, I would like to add that I was not selling anything that was against ebay policy.
    I came to the conclusion that it was not just other users reporting me but that ebay also flag your account after pulling one of your auctions then will monitor you to check if you relist. Do this a couple of times and you can wave bye bye to your account.

What would really help is if there was a feature where by you could request that ebay check a listing for you before you list it, I would be happy to pay for such a service.
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't know if this will be possible but it could be worth a shot, try setting up an additional account by proxy in china of taiwan or somewhere where the laws are a little more lapse, state your item is located in the uk. might work.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jkane2808 View Post
    I've tried putting it on over the weekend but the shortest auction is three days
    j
    It may have something to do with your feedback rating.
    Once you reach a certain 'feedback score' you can post 1 day auctions & if you have a low score then I think (not sure) that all your posts are screened by the ebay bots more vigorously. Maybe even some form of human input too.
    It could be doing this to stop the banned people from returning with their 'dodgy' goods.

Dunno really, tho it does seem odd that others are selling simular items

Try what apllrd suggested, that may work.
    Though if its just the one watch you wanna sell, then sell locally & save yourself the greif

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MsDG View Post
    The system is reliant on people "reporting" the auctions. I guess one of the other sellers keep reporting your auction. I haven't looked, but usually they get away with it by doing 1 day auctions over the weekend, so by the time the item has been reported and acted upon the auction is over.

I don't think so... I reported several fake items, and blatantly dodgy sellers, ebay replied saying there was nothing they could do and to go through the VERO policy...

ebay is full of double standards.... bastards

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've even contaced sellers who sales have went through and asked how they can sell these items and I can't, but surprise surprise I haven't had a reply.
    Might try what apllrd said can't hurt.

Thanks
    Karma Level

As said above, probably other sellers reporting you. But, with the number of people selling on ebay, they can't monitor everything. All you can do is look out for the "consistent" sellers and you prolly there have the people who report you.
    If you feel a bit vindictive you can always report em back!