Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Bricked my 360!!

Right, tried to update my FW to iXtreme 1.2, and I kept getting an error with it not recognising my drive build!

So I decided to remove the TSOP and reprogram it. Patched the IXtreme FW with my key and reprogrammed my TSOP, put it back together, and it gave me error E64, so I went to reporgram it with my original FW, have just reprogrammed it, and was adding some solder to the connetions on the board to make sure it would have a good contact (incase that was the problem 1st time) and have just completely shagged all the connections the legs attach to at the back end of the board!

Anyone know where I can get a spare board for the DVD drive? Cos the actual drive is fine, just the board that shagged, and if I can get the board for less than the price of a whole drive, I'll opt for that, put it together and reflash with software on a different PC!

My drive is a Hitachi 47DJ!

Cheers!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Bricked my 360!!

Erm....why are you removing ther TSOP off a 47DJ drive - you can flash them from Windows using the Slax CD or one of the hardware kits out there.
    The TSOP removal is only needed on 79FK drives (afaik)!

Think you may have bricked your drive for no reason there mate

edit: I`m a tit, missed the first line of your post, ignore me

Thanks
    Karma Level

pizzaman has a few boards m8 or he did give him a shout

Thanks
    Karma Level

That's 2 of us who have fooked our drives in a week!

Postman not dropped mine off to the member on here yet... Grr! Need it back fixed asap lol
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

its well annoying! and the only reason i was gonna update, was cos I went on LIVE today for the 1st time in MONTHS and MONTHS, and found out that I'm still not banned!!

So I thought id update to be on the safe side!

Have now ordered the X360 USB, cos I was having the same problem with it not recognising my drive build when using Gary_OPA 2.3, and ended up using the Birdy flasher to do my mates drive!

Even tried the SATA card on 2 different PC's, and d/l the FW from several different places with the same results! But for some reason Birdy flasher works, and non of Gary OPA's stuff works! So I have deduced that there has to be some sort of conflict between the PCI SATA card (Sil3112 chipset), and Gary OPA's batch files (dont know why tho!). So hopefully the X360 USB will solve my problems with flashing Hitachi's from now on!
    Last edited by Mario87; 19th July 2007 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah i av a spare board
    pm ur addy/in post in morn

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by pizza-man View Post
    yeah i av a spare board
    pm ur addy/in post in morn
    The legend strikes again! Cheers for that mate! Have PM'd ya my addy!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Found out why I got error E64 the 1st time I did it, even tho it all went smoothly! I forgot to encrypt the FW with Maximus Toolbox after replacing the key with my own! Now that REALLY pisses me off, knowing that I was 2 clicks away from having it all sorted, and avoiding this mess!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by HermaN View Post
    Found out why I got error E64 the 1st time I did it, even tho it all went smoothly! I forgot to encrypt the FW with Maximus Toolbox after replacing the key with my own! Now that REALLY pisses me off, knowing that I was 2 clicks away from having it all sorted, and avoiding this mess!
    Haha, been there done that! The first thing I do these days is encrypt and label the f/w file accordingly to save from such mess.

With regards to the GaryOPA not recognising the drive issue, I get this rarely and end up ripping off the TSOP and doing it manually. I'd never use Birdy, besides which it only supports very old f/w does it not?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Right, got the new board off Pizza Man this morning (thanks again mate!), followed this tutorial by [GaZ], and it all went smoothly!

Hooked it all up together, and no more E64 (yay!), but when I insert a disc, it reads it, screen goes black for a split second like its away to load, then I get this

Spoiler:

Have tried cleaning my dics and the lens to no avail!

I also noticed that the board I got off Pizza Man was already flashed (cos all I did was patch my key onto the drive), cos when I put in one of my backups it starts to read it, then I get the same message as above; and then it shows the name of the game where it normally says "open tray" (just like it does with originals)! So I'm not sure if that has something to do with it??

And when I try to use my X360 USB (just arrived today also) to restore the drive I get this

Spoiler:

And when I try to flash I get this

Spoiler:

The same errors I was getting when using my SATA card! Have tried the SATA card on 2 different PC's as I've said above, and have tried the X360 USB on my laptop to no avail!

I think it might have something to do with the FW I have/had on this new board/my old one!

Anyone got any thoughts on what to do (EXCEPT removing the TSOP, cos thats what got me into this mess!)??

Cheers

EDIT: I REALLY am an idiot! I opened Birdy to see if that would be able to restore it, and when I opened it it had the choice of "Re-Flash with xtreme 1.3" or "Restore" so I obviously chose restore, seemed to work fine, and now I am getting error E64 again, and windows wont recognise my drive!! Any1 want to reflash my TSOP for me??
    Last edited by Mario87; 21st July 2007 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Pretty sure Birdy would restore different sectors than that of the new C4E f/w

Does the TSOP show any signs of being removed in the past? If not then I can probably reflash it for you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

no the TSOP hasn't been removed before, the board I got from Pizza Man looked brand spanking new when I got it this morning!

Anyone got any ideas with the disc read error? Could that be caused by FW? Or is my laser dead too?? Dont see why it would die, cos I havn't touched the POT's etc, only the ribbon cables when swapping over the board! And im 100% sure they're all connected properly!

Cos if the lasers gone, then I might as well just buy a whole new drive, will be easier than having to send my 360 to someone here to reflash the TSOP, then buying the laser and fitting it! A whole drive is only £28 delivered (new laser £17.48 delivered from MrModchips, and return postage to send my drive to be flashed will be about £10 or more, so works out to be the same price, but with more hassle)!
    Last edited by Mario87; 21st July 2007 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Right, I worked up the balls (some might call it stupidity) to remove the TSOP and try flashing it externally again!

So I removed the TSOP, encrypted my original FW using Maximus Toolbox 4, programmed the TSOP, refitted it, and still got error E64, so I did it AGAIN (this time I just used my backup of my FW as is, and didn't encrypt it (incase it already was encrypted)), again all went smooth, but STILL getting error E64!! Dont know why! The TSOP is connected the the board properly, I even tried using the spare TSOP I had that came with my programmer (incase I put too much heat on the original one), and still the same results!!

I can read and write to/from the TSOP externally perfectly fine! But the 360 just wont recognise it! Or its becoming corrupt EVERY time I refit it!

Think its new drive time , seeing as my laser is also dead! When I get it, I'll just flash with my orig FW (as shown in the guide a couple of posts up), then give the iXtreme FW another go, if I keep getting the above errors, then I'll be asking if a kind member could on here could do it for me, and I wont go any further with it!

But I just dont get WHY GaryOPA's batch files wont recognise my drive build! Hopefully this new drive will eliminate that problem!

Thanks
    Karma Level

i can send u a spare laser if need be

Thanks
    Karma Level

nah, dont worry about it mate! think i'll just get a new drive and start fresh! otherwise its gonna be too much hassle with you constantly sending me spare parts! Much appreciate the offer, and also the new board that you sent me!

but i was a twat, and screwed up this one as well (but not physically like the last one, just a software prob as described above!).

Thanks
    Karma Level

hahaha trial and error
    anytime m8

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Herman,
    if you need new drive flashed PM me, i`m in Kilmarnock might be quicker turnaround by post, if no one else is closer.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Indeed, I did offer but I'm still waiting for someone elses PCB from nearly a week ago so the post in my area isn't the greatest ATM!

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers for the offers guys, am gonna play about with the TSOP tonight, and see i I can get it to work again, if not, i'll be ordering ma new drive 2moro!

Hopefully it'll be here before the 25th (doubt it tho) seeing as it has to come from Hong Kong, cos Royal mail goin on strike at 7pm on the 25th! So if its not here by then, might be delayed even longer!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Royal Mail and their fucking strikes! They don;t get paid bad for what they do, I saw on the news the other day about a postie being on 22k/year.... for delivering post. WTF is there to complain about???

Anyway... Make sure to clean the chip legs with spirit/fibre glass pen and to apply plenty of pressure when soldering back on to the pcb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast