Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default bought a new shaver

bought a new electric shaver last year a brahn (sp) one. any problem is it to friggin sharp and cuts me neck to peices, blades are too sharp. even wet and dry shave with a normal razor rips my skin to peices too, and without looking like santa at the end of the week i have to go through this everyday. anyone got any info on products i can buy to stop this? as im getting quite racked off with it now. or is it just me?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: bought a new shaver

I've just gone back to my philips one after fannying around with wet shaves for a while (and also grew a beard, great excuse for being idle). It has been leaving the neck sore just like you said. I've bought some nivea aftershave balm & that seems to be helping the skin to recover afterwards. Think I'll have another shave now to test it out
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

i normally use a pre-shave wash gel, softens the hair so when you shaving it practically glides off, as my skin is very sensitive as well it works wonders.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I get this problem too just bought a phillips phillishave (sp) for £60, the one where you slot in the nivea cream pouches, it tears the skin on my neck to shreads and leaves it all red and blotchy now gone back to my gillette fusion which isnt half as bad

Thanks
    Karma Level

your skin needs to get used to the electric ones, i have a coolshave and it took me a few weeks, using alternately with a wet shave. now it doesn't bother me at all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I`ve tried several over the years but I`ve never found one to beat the Phillips Phillishave for a smooth shave.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I use a phillips cool skin shaver. Basically it jizzes nivea stuff onto your face and helps you shave better and closer without irritating you.

Problem is, I tried using their "extra fresh" one, which claims to sooth, refresh and moisturise... absolute bollocks! Just gave me a rash! Anyway, they do a camomile one and so far, thats been absolutely amazing. Ive not had a single shaving rash since.

Actually gives me the closest shave ive ever had and its been consistently good for 7 months now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

One option could be to nip to the barbers once at start and once at end of week and get them to do you a proper cutthroat shave. Not only will it last longer due to being closer, you will also probably not get cut as much as the barber should be pretty competant in doing it!

Thanks
    Karma Level

one of the biggest sellin electric shavers in the states at the mo is one for your balls/crack that aul pubic hair get rid , raptor had one posted a few weeks ago looks good , not sure how it would do on your face though ...lol ....................
    “Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

"Bill Shankly"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][URL="http://www.snowboarding.com/"][IMG]http://www.snowboarding.com/gallery_images/pht_hd01.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you have 'sensitive' skin there won't be an electric shaver in the world that you can use without getting shaving bumps/rash.

You need to revert back to a traditional razor, and skip the Mach 3 / Fusion / Quattro, they can give a slightly closer shave - but in fact cut far too close to the skin; promoting ingrown hairs and general irritation.

Invest in these three products and shaving will be become much easier and your face should be rash / irritation free.

1) Sensor Excel Razor

2) Avid Skinglider http://www.moderngent.com/avid/avid_skinglider.php

3) Finish with TendSkin
    http://www.mankind.co.uk/ProductDeta...roductID=21861

Thanks
    Karma Level

I really like the King of Shaves Alpha Oil. I use the green one with aloe. Took a few times to get used to it (was using far too much), but it leaves your skin feeling really soft. (I know that sounds gay!)
    I suffer from ingrown hairs under my chin, but shaving with this makes a big difference for me.
    Ooh, ooh, ooh, the funky gibbon.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by funkyg View Post
    I really like the King of Shaves Alpha Oil. I use the green one with aloe. Took a few times to get used to it (was using far too much), but it leaves your skin feeling really soft. (I know that sounds gay!)
    I suffer from ingrown hairs under my chin, but shaving with this makes a big difference for me.
    i use this stuff as well, was very surprised at how well it works with only a few drops, everyone should try it at least once. i also use the fusion gel but thats only cause i get it cheap from work.

Thanks
    Karma Level

When I first started shaving as a kid, I had one of them braun foil types. Did the job, but as soon as my beard progressed from bumfluff to stubble, it visibly did the job, but you could feel it wasn't a proper shave.

Then got a decent phillips as I broke the braun, same story, I used to use electric mon-thu to go school, and wet for fri and sat, dreaming that I must be perfect, just in case a bird wasn't absolutely repulsed by the rest of me.

After a while, I realised I weren't gonna get no pussy, but started to like feeling like a had a shave as well as just looking like it, so went to wet shave.

Tried one of those phillips/nivea things about a year or so ago and was horrified. Not only did it leave stubble I could feel, but my whole face was on fire. I swear the asa should make them remove the words cool skin from anywhere in the same galaxy as these shavers.

Back on wetshave again, but only shave 2-3 times a week, as I often break out in tiny spots the day after, and it starts growing silly quick if I wetshave every day.