Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Mercedes Sat Nav DVD

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help me. My Dad has bought an update for his Sat Nav on eBay and is having problems. He did realise that he wasn't buying the original disc, but even still he's been sent a total lemon. The DVD does nothing and appears (to him) to be blank. PayPal are refunding him so there's no problems there.

I was just wondering if this was a scam or a case of faulty disc? i.e is it even possible to obtain a copy of this disc? It appears to me that this wouldn't be something you could just copy with Nero on your PC.
    Photography: Nikon D50 - 18-55mm, 70-300mm, 105mm Macro, 2 x 2gb SD Cards, Jessops Tripod, LowePro Rucksack

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Mercedes Sat Nav DVD

is it the command aps disc you are talking about? The latest merc disc should autorun and install updated software onto the on board computer as well as having updated map info. the maps are by navteq and the disc to purchase from mb is around £400 (or so im told).
    i reckon you probably got a bad disc by the sound of it as windows should see the files as database files (wont open them though).
    ill try and copy one of the originals i have but cant see it being a problem.