Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Anarchy in the UK as yobs rule

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007380532,00.html

Anarchy in the UK as yobs rule

BRITAIN is on the brink of ANARCHY after a weekend of yob violence, campaigners said last night. As figures revealed knife crime had DOUBLED in two years, a string of incidents left law-abiding citizens living in terror.
    A mob BESIEGED a police station.
    A man and a teenage boy were MURDERED in separate incidents and paramedics were ATTACKED as they tended a father and son.
    In one county, 999 callers were told there were only THREE police on duty in a town of 22,000 people.
    Norman Brennan, director of the Victims of Crime Trust and a serving cop, said: “Violent crime has reached epidemic proportions.
    “We are experiencing anarchy on the streets of Britain. There is no other way to describe it.
    <table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="10" width="310"> <tbody> <tr> <td> <center><table valign="TOP" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td name="mpuHeader" id="mpuHeader">
    </td></tr><tr align="right"><td align="right"><script type="text/javascript">NI_MPU('middle');</script><script type="text/javascript">NI_MPU('Embedded for DHTML');</script>
    </td></tr><tr><td name="mpuFooter" id="mpuFooter">
    </td></tr></tbody></table></center>
    </td></tr></tbody></table> “If the Government doesn’t get a grip soon, I predict outbreaks of civil disorder within three to five years.”
    Mr Brennan branded Labour’s election winning tough-on-crime slogan “the biggest deception in British history”.
    He added: “I met somebody this morning who has just been mugged for the fourth time.
    “He didn’t report any of the attacks because he has got no faith in the police any more.”
    Tories accused the Government of taking two years to wake up to the explosion in knife crime.
    Shadow Home Secretary David Davis said: “Knife crime is just a symptom of the breakdown in society on our streets.
    <table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td align="center"> </td> </tr><tr><td align="center">Davis ... crime plague

</td></tr></tbody></table>
    “The Government owes it to the public to get a grip of drink, drugs and the broken homes that have spawned this plague on Britain.”
    One of the weekend’s murders took place in Croydon, South London.
    A man in his 20s was stabbed repeatedly in the street.
    Police were called after a nearby resident heard screams and a disturbance. The victim’s name had not been released last night.
    The other killing happened in Farnworth, Greater Manchester, where Andrew Holland, 16, was knifed after a row at a chip shop.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Anarchy in the UK as yobs rule

Quote Originally Posted by FireBlade View Post
    He added: “I met somebody this morning who has just been mugged for the fourth time.
    “He didn’t report any of the attacks because he has got no faith in the police any more.”
    That kind of shit is doing no-one any favours. He didn't report any of the attacks because he doesn't have faith in the police any more?

If he didn't report the initial attack then what has he got to compare it to ffs. The police can't do their job without reports, simple.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gantybop View Post
    That kind of shit is doing no-one any favours. He didn't report any of the attacks because he doesn't have faith in the police any more?

If he didn't report the initial attack then what has he got to compare it to ffs. The police can't do their job without reports, simple.
    Come on ganty, we all know the police don't give a shit about muggings. In fact, I don't think they actually give much of a shit about anything that isn't a major crime anymore. If I got mugged I'm not sure I would bother reporting it, all you're gonna get is hassle and nothing done. If my home was broken into I would report it only for insurance purposes, as you know full well you're not going to see any of your stuff back. The police have turned into a bunch of useless fuckers when it comes to minor and local crime, but then, its hardly surprising when you look at how they are governed, and the attitude of many people towards them (possible delf-contradiction thing there!!!!).

Yobs rule now, and unless the government do something about it we are going to see vigilante squads running the streets before too much longer, and then we really are going to see "anarchy in the UK".

Thanks
    Karma Level

I do feel sorry for the police sometimes. They can't really do much about the 'smaller' crimes because there's not enough to sort it out. I live in a town of nearly 140,000 people and there's only every 6 people on duty at once ( a few more at weekends to sort out the pikies). These poor blokes have to sort out all the shite that's going on in my town plus all the way up to the the outlying towns and villages around. Don't get me wrong a lot of the coppers are lazy bastards who can't be bothered. My mate has been in the police for a year now and he works hard and gives a toss. But maybe because he's not been there long enough, I don't know. But, it doesn't help with the powers that be that are running the place. They waste money on those crappy Community Support Officers, who actually, where my mate works, get paid more than the proper coppers. So maybe the proper coppers would be able to do their job a bit better if the government stoppped wasting money on the so called plastic policmen and plouged some more money in to hiring real police. I don't know what it's like in other parts of the country but down here there's far too few at any one time. Rant over.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The only thing about reporting crimes these days is to get a crime number for your insurance claim if appropriate. fucking disgraceful but sadly it is true.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I favour the yanks 3 strikes approach. 3 charges for the same crime and you get 20 years simple as that. This country is far to soft on criminals one of the reasons knife and gun crime is on the up id say thing is its only going to get worse if something is not done about it soon.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I favour the yanks 3 strikes approach. 3 charges for the same crime and you get 20 years simple as that. This country is far to soft on criminals one of the reasons knife and gun crime is on the up id say thing is its only going to get worse if something is not done about it soon.
    Indeed. Although 3 strikes is 1 strike to many for me. If you repeat the same offence even once, then buh-bye.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Aparently the other guy in the attack in Farnworth has died also. there were 2 16 year olds stabbed one died within hours the other last night. a 20 yea old has been charged with the first guys murder I expect he will get the 2nd guys also.

I pass the place almost everytime I go out but have never heard of the chippy. Its just round the corner.

The police are helpless now, human rights prevent them from stoping and searching people, and if they do stop someone thay have a barrage of paperwork to fill in as a result.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Little John View Post
    and if they do stop someone thay have a barrage of paperwork to fill in as a result.
    My heart bleeds. Its what they signed up for and if they aren't capable of following procedure they aren't fit for the job. They get sufficient recompense for the trouble but are usually lame, lazy halfwits who only do the job so they can vent their petty frustrations at the footy and get away with it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

My cars have been broken into countless times over the years, my house hase been broken into, my credit cards have been used fraudulently. All been reported and absolutely nothing has came of any of them. Oddly enough tho the second I break a speed limit theres a fine popped through the door, or the second one of my tyres becomes borderline they seem to pick that up pretty quick. Why dont they transfer some traffic cops to catch some proper criminals.
    If nature always takes the easiest route, what's easier...?
    The creation of billions of galaxies each containing trillions of stars each with their own solar systems, some with planets that have evolved civilisations with billions of different life forms. OR The creation of just your imagination?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I reckon they way it's going, it won't be 3-5 years. More like 3-5 months.

I honestly cannot suggest a way to fix the problem either. Night time in London's estates is like a war zone. Now the bloody war zones are leaking into normal society too.

It's gonna get worse before it gets better...

The Police do precious little in these "zones".

Anyone seen a french film called District B13? Might be our only solution! LOL!

http://www.districtb13.com/

DJ OD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post

I honestly cannot suggest a way to fix the problem either. Night time in London's estates is like a war zone. Now the bloody war zones are leaking into normal society too.

It's gonna get worse before it gets better...

The Police do precious little in these "zones".

Anyone seen a french film called District B13? Might be our only solution! LOL!

http://www.districtb13.com/

DJ OD
    I am leaning towards something more like the story line of "Escape from New York" Take Some Island up in Scotland like Orkney or something stick a bit Wall round it and chuck all the scum in there and let them kill each other to their hearts content. A little Draconian you may think but The UK is truly descending into anarchy and the Government need to do drastic measures before this stuff is an everyday thing.

Opti

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    3-5 months might be enough if prisons actually offered any level of deterrent. The fact that they are full is a fucking joke and speaks for itself.

As for not reporting crime, I know its a waste of time but it's better than the lying bastard government telling us that crime is falling.

I heard on the news today that knife robberies have doubled in the last 2 years to 175 per day.
    I grew up in a shit areas, 15 years ago there were places I wouldn't walk at night for fear of a smacking, being stabbed never entered my head. The country does appear to be going dto the dogs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am leaning towards something more like the story line of "Escape from New York" Take Some Island up in Scotland like Orkney or something stick a bit Wall round it and chuck all the scum in there and let them kill each other to their hearts content. A little Draconian you may think but The UK is truly descending into anarchy and the Government need to do drastic measures before this stuff is an everyday thing.
    Battle Royale!
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've just got in from work and there are police everywhere in Farnworth and groups of 16- 22 ish year old lads hanging arround. It looks like it could be interesting few weeks.

Berty, they didnt sign up to fill in paperwork they signed up in the hope they could make a difference but it doesnt happen becasue they are sat behind a desk.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

[quote=Little John;2297648]Aparently the other guy in the attack in Farnworth has died also. there were 2 16 year olds stabbed one died within hours the other last night. a 20 yea old has been charged with the first guys murder I expect he will get the 2nd guys also.

quote]

So that`ll be what, a 2yr suspended sentence then??

What pisses me off is kids (and adults) seem to think an ASBO is almost like a status symbol.
    Recent Mac convert...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Pete View Post

So that`ll be what, a 2yr suspended sentence then??

What pisses me off is kids (and adults) seem to think an ASBO is almost like a status symbol.
    That's the mentality though mate. The kind of people who think kicking the shit out of others and recording it on their mobile phones are brain dead fuckwits to begin with, so an ASBO would be like a record of achievement. All my hard work has paid off, I'm being recognised for my "efforts". Cunts want shooting.