Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Will the 360 get modded like the XboX

Thinkign in lines with larger HD's and games of the HD in conjunction with media etc.

I love my XboX for that and still use it a great deal. Are we likely to see that with the 360 do you think?

Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Will the 360 get modded like the XboX

with the firmware mod, its unlikely now, but everyone is hopeful, it probably will happen but will probably take alot longer than if there was no firmware mod, as the big players dont want to anymore as not enough $$ in it now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

theres no money to be made hacking it now, so i would say nope. you never know tho.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know it's a step backward but I would have loved to see MAME or some other emulation on the 360 as it seem's to be perfect for it.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

NO i dont think it will happen as you can play backuped games already so not to much people will be intersted unless you want homebrew etc
    Last edited by ant3b; 20th August 2007 at 03:32 PM. Reason: shitbrains i am...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ant3b View Post
    NO i dont think it will happen as you can play backuped games already so no one will want to buy a chip unless you want homebrew etc
    lol...

Thanks
    Karma Level

if a chip came out that enabled homebrew it was sell bucketloads???? course theres still money to be made.

im thinkin 500 gb hard drives full of games/emus/xbmc360....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by B3ARKILLA.UK View Post
    if a chip came out that enabled homebrew it was sell bucketloads???? course theres still money to be made.
    Maybe, but what kind of apps do you need? I mean you can use the first xbox as a fully functional media centre for video etc, and also to play roms so maybe no need for it with the 360. Most video formats can be played on the 360 using 3rd party software already (tversity)

The idea of a bigger HD to store & load games from would be a bonus, but I can see that if this happens it will be a similar situation to the old xbox, chip your machine and no more live ! Tough choice (unless your already banned)

Thanks
    Karma Level

It makes me laugh, everyone pays hundreds for the latest and greatest consoles, then wanna splurge more money on a chip that will them play old games

Thanks
    Karma Level

erm what??? Divx for example would be a big plus. And if I had a modded Xbox 1 is so usefully for taking to places cos it has like 40 movies on it and loads of games and every old snes game you can think of... and these old games are all free cos i own the original copy (lol) rather than like £5 a pop...

I think its more of a case that people want just one console that does everything under one roof. Rather than having an xbox, a n64, a snes and all these other consoles if you can do it all in one then that is a massive bonus.

If they manage to get an alternative to xbox live sorted that works a bit better than the current xbox connect a klink then maybe it will be worthwhile.
    I don't yet have live but im sure after halo3 I will get addicted to it. Just need more hours in the day...
    Last edited by inspectercoley; 20th August 2007 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRookie View Post
    Maybe, but what kind of apps do you need? I mean you can use the first xbox as a fully functional media centre for video etc, and also to play roms so maybe no need for it with the 360. Most video formats can be played on the 360 using 3rd party software already (tversity)

The idea of a bigger HD to store & load games from would be a bonus, but I can see that if this happens it will be a similar situation to the old xbox, chip your machine and no more live ! Tough choice (unless your already banned)
    One for modded'ness and one for live. Not looking to be a pirate, just looking to get rid of the XboX and have a second 360 to fill the space.

I fear my XboX will die one day and i will nto have anythign similare in terms of both games and media. I never really used the XboX for old emu's.

Cheers.....Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by B3ARKILLA.UK View Post

im thinkin 500 gb hard drives full of games/emus/xbmc360....
    getting games to run off the HDD, aswell as being able to replace the HDD with one big enough is a massive hurdle, its unlikely that a chip could just come along and do it all, aswell as homebrew.

On top of the fact that developing something like this requires alot of skill and ALOT of money, they would need to charge a high price accordingly, i dont think that many people will want to pay upwards of 50 quid for a chip, then have to solder it into their machine (meaning the holy 3 year warrenty is gone) to play games off the HDD when they can play them off DVDr for free and still go on live, if theyre lucky.

If you look at the first gen of xbox mods, the only thing it did was play copies, the chips alone were £45 and people were charging £25 - 35 on top of that to fit them. If you could already softmod and do that, would you have paid for a chip on the promise that one day it may be able to play a emus and a media centre?