Close

Thread: DS linker

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Info DS linker

anyone got one of these - here

just got an r4 card after packing the supercard away (2 slot solution)for my sons ds lite, but after reading about these, i wish i'd have found them before getting the r4 cos they look like they are an even better solution

- Same size as an original DS cartridge - does not stick out of the DS or the DS Lite
    - NO PC software conversions required, directly Drag‘N Drop all files into the MicroSD memory card
    - Direct play in SLOT1 of the DS without any passcard, flashMe or WifiMe needed.
    - Supports all types of Nintendo DS : Fat DS . DSL .IDS . IDSL
    - Compatible with Clean Roms, Movie, Music and other media files
    - Compatible with existing DS gamesaves (No battery required) - easy to manage your gamesave files
    - Compatible with DS Browser (with Memory Expansion Pack) & NDS (Lite) Rumble Pack
    - Intuitively designed custom operating system which is fully upgradeable
    - Compatible with the OS (skinnable)

cirtainly look like a better buy for anyone about to get an r4

hope this is of help to someone

regards,

gazza
    original intel macbook black 2006, macbook air 2011, PS3, XBOX360, nintendo wii, 3ds, psp, iphone 5 32gb, itouch 16gb, Vu+duo, Samsung TAB2, various laptops Ubuntu

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: DS linker

That's the sme as the R4 - I'm pretty sure there's nothing listed in the above that the R4 can't do?

Edit - the difference being this one looks like much more of a pain in the arse to transfer files - I'd stick with the tried and tested R4DS over this

When you want to change what is on your DS Linker, plug the special blue adapter into the other (GBA) slot in your console and connect the supplied cable to a USB port on your PC. You will see the DS Linker appear as a hard disk and can move files to and from it.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gantybop View Post
    That's the sme as the R4 - I'm pretty sure there's nothing listed in the above that the R4 can't do?

Edit - the difference being this one looks like much more of a pain in the arse to transfer files - I'd stick with the tried and tested R4DS over this
    well the thing that interested me most was the fact that it has onboard memory and is cheaper than an r4+memory stick

the fact that you say you'd stick with the r4 makes me feel better tho - i was thinking i'd dropped a bollok originally
    original intel macbook black 2006, macbook air 2011, PS3, XBOX360, nintendo wii, 3ds, psp, iphone 5 32gb, itouch 16gb, Vu+duo, Samsung TAB2, various laptops Ubuntu

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gazza341 View Post
    well the thing that interested me most was the fact that it has onboard memory and is cheaper than an r4+memory stick

the fact that you say you'd stick with the r4 makes me feel better tho - i was thinking i'd dropped a bollok originally
    The onboard memory will be a hinderance anyway, because your limited to that space - at least with micro SD's you can expand as and when you want to. Also, you can get cheaper R4DS's - about £28 with a 1gb micro sd card (the price has increased a little - used to be about £23) - HERE

If you've got yourself an R4, you're in no danger whatsoever. I'm yet to hear a single bad thing said about them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

these types of cards tend to generally have very slow transfer rates when it comes to putting new games on too, i wouldnt worry about the extra menu optionsl most of it will be stuff you'll only use once.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

cool! thanks very much for the advice