Close

Thread: opinions on Zen

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question opinions on Zen

I signed up with Zen four weeks ago today, on the 250 package. I was connected within a week and for that first week I could just about browse and that was only after turning off images within firefox.

I left it a week thinking it would sort itself out... it didn't

The second week I got in touch with their tech line. The guys there are very very helpful, but they couldn't sort the problem out. I was told to upgrade to the 8000 light package which I am on now... same f****** problems...

After the third week of trying to get this sorted BT have been out and installed a new line to my house I now possess 5 adsl filters that I have tried on several friends connections with no faults found. I have also tried 4 different modems on my line plugged directly into my new wall socket and still I have problems... I'm 99.9% sure it's not a hardware fault.

I really think it's Zens service.......I never had a problem with pipex or tiscali, connection and speed wise...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: opinions on Zen

Sorry to hear of your troubles ffrr!Have you fixed them yet?

I was with Zen for a good few years at home, until they introduced hefty download caps, which I put up with for a few months before swithcing to bethere (who have been great!). Zen were absolutely top notch during my time with them. No downtime whatso ever!

I also use Zen for my office connection, they are fairly expensive but you really do get what you pay for (although your obviously not getting that at the moment), and for work uptime is very important, again we've had no issues!

In fact, thinking back I've had over 6 different lines with Zen at various locations over the years, with no major issues (apart from a BT fault on one line, which they helped pin-point & resolve).

I take it you had pipex & tiscali over the same line? Perhaps it is an issue at the exchange end?

Would be interested to see if you got this fixed...