Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Digiboxes -- which one would you keep?

Hey folks,

I've just bought 2 digiboxes. Each one has an RF modulator built-in. The models are Kaon KTF-100 and Finnsat FST 300 CX. My questions are, to which I'd really appreciate guidance:

1) The Kaon has RCA coaxial for digi sound, whereas the Finnsat has Toslink. Is there any difference in end sound?

2) The Kaon has a "timer", but the Finnsat doesn't. What, exactly, does that timer do?

3) I have a VCR, which I'll hook up with my digibox and TV -- wouldn't that take care of setting a recording in advance, or does the Kaon digibox's timer take care of that?

Bit confused here. Sorry about my noobishness in these issues. I'm thinking I should pick the Kaon digibox, cos it was a little cheaper, plus it has the timer (whatever that means -- you'll advise me ;-)). Then again, what about the differences in the digi sound between the two boxes?

Also, in the final analysis, which of these boxes would you keep, and why? (Btw, I don't need a recommendation of another digibox to get -- I'm fatigued by searching for digiboxes, lol.)

Thanks in advance...

//RS
    Last edited by Rollingstone2007; 24th September 2007 at 02:56 PM.